Menu
Rolfie
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Flash Player ShutDown

After almost 3hrs Virgin Support just clueless. Brand new dell laptop no security or additional software installed and Virgin support can't work out why it won't play anywhere TV. Just left me on my own claiming "it must be 3rd party software". I'm using FireFox, Windows 10, everything is updated to latest version. Flash has been checked and working correctly but everytime I click on watch now the video screen vanishes. Anyone got any ideas because support don't.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Flash Player ShutDown

So I may be completely out here, but what model of laptop do you have?

I'm wondering if it's got Nvidia graphics in it, which has the ability to switch between built in graphics and the more powerful Nvidia chipset.

If it does, it could be that it's trying to display Firefox using one graphics card (maybe the internal Intel chipset) and the video with another (the Nvidia chipset), and is getting confused as it can't display the output both at the same time on the same screen.

There are ways of resolving this, but no point explaining if it's not that!

EDIT: Thought I'd post some info anyway https://www.howtogeek.com/136123/htg-explains-what-you-need-to-know-about-nvidia-optimus/

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Rolfie
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, Thanks for replying. It's a Dell Inspiron 15 5000 15.6-Inch Convertable Touchscreen NoteBook. Don't think it has Nvidia graphics though. Flash everywhere else works fine just not with anywhere TV

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There have been reports in the past of Windows touch screen devices not being able to stream via TV Anywhere. The current help page seems only to refer to Windows tablets but this may still be the reason for your issues. https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
CliveB
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem... Flash is just disappearing, this is happening accross all browsers !!!

I have managed to trace it in Firefox, and it is logging an error on Virgins Site

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling flash... I have also seen it happens on other flash sites, but not all..

Also happens here https://www.flashgames247.com/play/17231.html

Using Flashplayer 24.0.0.221

This is the error which is occuring:
"virgin error.jpg

The next 2 lines, the successful posts, logFlashError, post the error to Virgins SIte at this URL http://anywhere.virginmedia.com/logFlashError, however, the error is extremely non helpful... "PLAYER:+undefined"...

so not sure if this version of Flash is not yet supported ??? Any help would be appreciated!!

0 Kudos
padarber
Just joined
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having exactly the same issue on my macbook. Have updated flash player, and the viewing window just disappears when I click 'watch now'

0 Kudos
CliveB
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I've just uninstalled flash 24.0.0.221 and downgraded to 23.0.0.207

... alas, it still does the same thing!!! Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
breadgirl90
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same problem- it's driving me crazy!

Using Firefox- uninstalled and reinstalled Flash etc, but to no avail

Anyone had any luck sorting this?

Thanks Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Jlow371
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Anybody had any joy with this?

0 Kudos