Menu
red_snow
Tuning in
Message 1 of 121
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Fails on Samsung S7 Edge

I have installed TV Anywhere to my new Samsung S7 Edge and it does not allow streaming over Wi-Fi!

Error Message:

Unauthorized Modifications Detected: Live TV streaming will not work if unauthorized modifications have been made to Android

Anyone else with a new S7 or S7 Edge have this issue?

I have cleared cache, uninstalled, re-installed etc.

My handset is not modified in any way and direct from EE

0 Kudos
Edmonds86
Joining in
Message 2 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Fails on Samsung S7 Edge

I've got the exact same problem, received my S7 Edge direct from O2 and is brand new straight out of the box.
Hopefully there's a fix for this.
0 Kudos
njpatel57
Tuning in
Message 3 of 121
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue with the S7, so annoying.
0 Kudos
AleksandrOrlov
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Same here. Fresh from O2
0 Kudos
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 5 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi

The new Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge aren't currently able to stream live TV from Virgin TV Anywhere, but you can make use of TiVo management options.

We're really sorry about this, but Virgin TV Anywhere is not currently* able to stream live TV to devices that have launched with Android 6.0.1 (which includes both the Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge).

We’re working on bringing live TV streaming to these devices as soon as possible.

Please note that devices updating to Android 6.0.1 can continue to stream live TV.

Hope this clears things up, and we'll be able to support these devices as soon as we can.

*as of 11th March 2016

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

red_snow
Tuning in
Message 6 of 121
Flag for a moderator

I have to ask, why has this not been updated or resolved yet? The S7 devices have been out long enough!

I'm afraid that it is unacceptable for a flagship range of phones to be snubbed by Virgin! This should have been sorted by now, BT and Sky have not been this lacking.
Matthews78
Tuning in
Message 7 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Yaaawwwwnnnn... still no fix from March??? Why are we still Waiting!!!!!! Same old lame excuses from Virgin Media.... soon to me is not months
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 121
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matthews78,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's lovely to see a new face in the crowd. Smiley Happy

Currently we've no news on this. It's not that Android 6.0.1 isn't compatible as it works on devices launched with previous versions but updated to this software. It's only an issue with devices that come with 6.0.1 pre-installed. 

Once we have any news on this, we will be the first to shout it from the rooftops Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
boywiz
Joining in
Message 9 of 121
Flag for a moderator

HI,

Is there an update on when us Samsung S7 and S7 Edge owners will be able to use the TV APP, all mine does is constantly loop on reconnecting to the TIVO box so i can not even browse channels or switch over.

Thanks
Mo

0 Kudos
dcweather
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 121
Flag for a moderator

I hope this isn't going to prove the case with my new Moto G which has come installed with Android 6.0 - as you would expect. What with no 4G I wonder if Virgin are in financial trouble as there doesn't seem to be any money spent on  forward planning and keeping up with new technology. How difficult can it be to find out the difference between a new installation and an upgrade and fix it?

0 Kudos