Menu
ellathome2
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Error and Device Changes

Two Issues today 

The first is that I am unable to Manage My TiVo.

Yes I have a TiVo

Yes I can successfully log in and do anything else to my account including change password etc.

I get an alert saying Virgin TV customers only.  I have been one of those for some years, actually since prior to Virgin taking over from ......... but i digress.   Why is this issue cropping up now?

The second issue is that I wanted to watch TV Anywhere on a second device, i understand that's possible, to have two registered.  I was told though that 'too many device changes have occurred this month' which is incorrect, since i have only ever used the ONE device since this inception to watch TV anywhere.

Can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Error and Device Changes

Different browsers can be seen by TVA as unique devices.  A change of operating system (Windows/Android/iOS) also means TVA will treat your device as new.  Have you changed browser or updated your operating system (to Windows 10, for example?)

0 Kudos
ellathome2
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 - that would account for the device changes being used up, one a month, but the TV Anywhere Error?  I use only IE for watching / working with Virgin media as it doesn't like Chrome and I do not yet like the way Windows 10 Edge thingy (technical term) works. 

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

^^ Exactly that.

Windows 10 does come with IE11, but it isn't the default browser, so you have you search it out.  Even going back to IE after the Windows 10 install, it will still probably see it as a different device. VM staff might be able to help you out with another device change.

With regards to the "Virgin Media TV customers only" message, where & when do you see that?

0 Kudos
ellathome2
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The Device Changes i understand, i just need to wait a month before making another one, the upgrade to Windows 10 clearly muffed that up for me.

The TV Anywhere Error is when i try to look at my TiVo or manage my TiVo.  i can do everything else it would seem, just not manage it - others have had similar problems, but i'm wondering if this too is because of windows 10, i just don't understand why i can do all else just not that.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi ellathorne2

Thanks for posting on the community

Sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with TV Anywhere.

I've checked your account and there is one device change available for you to use. If you can remove the device in question from the registrations within your account, under My Profile > Device Settings. Then go back into TV Anywhere, stream a channel to prompt for registration. Once this is working we will then take a look at managing your TiVo®.

Let us know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos