Menu
rkfb
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Devices

I have so many problems with this. The device management seems to be really flawed. The other day I logged in to watch TV on my Windows 10 PC and all of a sudden, again, it decided that this wasn't one of my registered devices. It's been my main registered device for  a few years now but TV Anywhere randomly decides that it's not now and then.

Click settings to go to registered devices to be told that I have one change left this month and that my last change was five months ago despite the declaration that I am allowed two per month. Re-registered the PC with the one remaining change but it still refused it. Phoned VM, held for 5 minutes, got transferred, held for 8 minutes, gave up, hung up. Still locked out. I could hang on and hang on but I know from experience if I do it will happen again anyway. There is something wrong with the whole setup.

It's a real sorry state of affairs for a supposedly cutting edge technology company. Limiting TV Anywhere to two devices in a modern day household is ridiculous. We have two TVs, three phones and three laptops in a three person household. Surely it would make sense that anyone on our wifi network should be allowed to watch VM on any device? Why a two device limit? Limit TV Anywhere to a home network, sharing a login outside that network doesn't work.

I'll probably do what I normally do now and wait til November when hopefully it will give me at least one more device change to re-register the PC. How long that will last I don't know, as I say there is something seriously wrong at the heart of the whole system. Constantly having to contact VM to get access is not a good user experience.

0 Kudos
rkfb
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Devices

Also, the only way to speak to anyone about this is to choose the option that you want to leave VM. Any fault option you select, whether it's TV, Broadband or Phone will take you through automation where they say that tests will take ten minutes. You then only have the option to hang up.

0 Kudos
rkfb
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just re-reading it, it's one change per month. Even worse.

Still doesn't work or make sense. Used up the one change to re-register this PC and it still refuses to let me in.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rkfb,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having an issue streaming TV Anywhere Smiley Sad 

If you updated the browser or the OS then you would need to re-register your device. Sometimes even something as simple as deleting the cache and cookies will reset things too.

Using a PC/Laptop go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings. Remove the current registration by clicking on the Delete button. Once you've done this, using the device you are trying to re-register, open up TV Anywhere and log in. Try to stream Channel 4 and this should then prompt you to register the device.

I have added a device change for you to use so if you follow the prompts on the screen, this will register the device for you and streaming will then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know how things go.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos