Menu
Garry_Irwin
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Device suddenly stopped working

My Son's HP Laptop has been a registered device before about a year. On Saturday he tried to access TV Anywhere it failed and showed the Device Settings which said that a Device had been changed on Sept 3rd at 14:13pm and there was only one change left for the current month. He had not made a change and neither had I. The only thing that had happened the day before was that his house Router was changed by TalkTalk. Would this effect the Device Registration or is it a red herring?

Anyway, I thought I would delete the device registration and re-add the device from my PC, expecting there to be a MAC Address type question during the registration. There was nothing other than type in the name of the Device which seemed odd, how does it physically register the device?

So now I have no changes allowed for the whole month and it still not working. I tried the 150 helpdesk number but the menu numbers are designed to prevent you speaking to anyone about TV Anywhere.

I really need some help. If I have made a mistake because registration should be redone from my Son's laptop then I will ask Virgin (nicely) to reset my month's changes.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Device suddenly stopped working

Hi Garry_Irwin,

Welcome to the Community Forum, it's great to hear from you. I'm sorry that you and your son have experienced problems with TV Anywhere. Apologies for the delay in responding to your post.

We recently had an issue on the server that our technicians have now cleared. Is this working for you now? I've added a change back on to your TV Anywhere device changes.

If you need an immediate response, ring in on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) take option 2 and then option 3, or get in touch via WebChat on Contact Us

Please let us know how you're getting on with this now.

Many thanks,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Garry_Irwin
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

We are all up and running again now, just in time for his return to Uni.

Many thanks,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Garry_Irwin,

Cheers for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that it's all working for your son now. Hope he has a great time at Uni!

Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

All the best,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos