Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (52 Views)

TV Anywhere - Device registration

Hi,

had to devices shown as registered but after signing on in app to use the TV Anywhere showed "device not registered" and thought I would delete the phone and re register it. The phone showed but my IPad had been deleted. Tried to reinstate IPad but this time phone deleted. This used the two changes I was entitled too. Has anyone else experienced this 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3 (31 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere - Device registration

Hi malclev, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue getting your device registered for use with TV Anywhere. I think we need to start all the way at the beginning as if TV Anywhere has never been used before. 

Can you delete the app from both your devices. Once you've done this, restart the devices by turning the power off and back on. We're also going to restart the TiVo® by turning the power off and leaving off for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and allow to full set back up.

On a PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the devices from the 'My Registered Devices' section. 

At this point we're only able to add one device change for you so choose either the iPad or the iPhone to have the app on for now. 

Re-download the app on the device you are going to register. Once this has downloaded, sign in using your primary account details. Go to the channel listings and select Channel 4 > Watch Now > Watch On Device. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know what happens at this point.

As we can only add one device change per month, you'll need to wait until April 1st to add the 2nd device. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (27 Views)

Re: TV Anywhere - Device registration

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your instructions but one of my devices is still streaming without problems.

I understand you are helping me but I feel a little miffed that I have gone from two working devices to one, even though I was only trying too get my two registered devices working.

Now I have to wait till April to get both registered again.

Best Regards,

Malc
0 Kudos