Menu
Itsjustria
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Device not recognised

Hi,

I recently updated my MacBook OS and now my computer is not recognised as the same device as it was before Smiley Frustrated 

Does this mean I'd have to delete and then wait until next month to register my computer again?!?! 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere Device not recognised

Yep, when you update the OS (a very good practice) TV anywhere recognises your device as a new one sad and a bit poor imho, however remove and readd

All Replies
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep, when you update the OS (a very good practice) TV anywhere recognises your device as a new one sad and a bit poor imho, however remove and readd
Itsjustria
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks J0hn!

So frustrating!!!! At least its not too long till the end of the month Smiley Indifferent

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's somewhat unnecessarily defeatist! One of the web team will pick this up in the coming days. If you're in more of a hurry, get on the phone, or online chat & they'll give you an extra device change to get you back up & running.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Itsjustria,

Welcome back to the Community, I hope you've been able to have a good look around Smiley Happy

When there are OS changes on devices it can sometimes not recognise the original device as others have mentioned Smiley Happy

I'd like to help and if you can please check your allowances once more you should be able to make changes.

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
tavaqui
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, this has happened to me too.  My MacBook Air isn't recognised any more - I wondered why I had to register.  My wife's MacBook is, but now I can't watch telly tonight (we don't have a television, just watch on our laptops.

Si

0 Kudos
Brightfamer
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have this same issue, just updated and it says device not recognised. I don't have any more device allowance to change (I know - having to do two updates in a month, isn't being a responsible Mac owner shocking). How can I have my device added when there is no allowance (as I haven't made two changes, you have....)? I think its a bit poor this has been going on for over a year and hasn't been fixed yet. 

I work away and need this in the week, and it was part of the reason for going with Virgin Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brightfamer,

Welcome to the Community!

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with TV Anywhere.

I've added another device change so you can re-register your device.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos