Menu
Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Device Registration

I've just tried to use my Feb  'Available Device Slot' to include my MacBook Pro, but instead its replaced my Ipad Mini  and now I have only one device to connect to!

This is the third time this has happened - there must be a 'glitch in the system somewhere? I click on the ADS and instead of entering the desired device into that slot, it replaces the existing device - GRRR!

Can you sort this for me please?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Hi Merlinman,

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with registering two devices on the TV Anywhere server.

I'll need to take more information from you so that I can get this escalated. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well, there's been some to-ing & fro-ing this afternoon, but with the assistance of Terri_P, and I'm delighted to say I now have both my chosen devices registered and working!

I'm so pleased, so thanks to all who may have done some 'under the bonnet' tinkering to restore my service!

It took while - but we got there!  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

All Replies
Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Getting the run around here

Long tele call to 150 and told that they do not have power to sort this!

Having read the help that others seem to have received on here with similar issues, I'm less than impressed.

All I want is 2 Devices to view TV Anywhere on!

Every time I try to add a second device, my first device is erased and I can't make another change for a month - when I try the registered device is overwritten by the new one. Still shows 'Available Device Slot' but no device changes for another month!!

So now I can't watch on my iPad, only my MacBook Pro Smiley Sad

HELP!!!!

0 Kudos
Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Anyone?
0 Kudos
Marc27
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

*CHECK THE DEVICE NAMES YOU ARE REGISTERING CORRELATE EXACTLY TO THOSE LISTED IN YOUR VIRGIN MEDIA SUPER HUB*

Well at least the solution that worked for me here :-

Turn on all your devices, then sign in to your Virgin Media Super Hub and click on Device Connection Status. In Wireless Devices, are the Device Names listed there, exactly the same as the device names you use when registering in your TV Anywhere app? They probably aren't, but in future when registering make sure they are. (Commas & spaces etc that you may use in your existing device name won't be recognized by VM Super Hub.)

Then after registering successfully, you can simply use the RENAME> choice in your TV Anywhere 'Your Devices' settings to clear up any confusion & the conflicting naming of devices etc. (In YOUR DEVICES my iPad device name was bizarrely switched to my iPhone device name when this same issue happened to me. I had to use RENAME> to change it back.)

Also if you have the Sky Sports app and you get the 'Device Limit Reached' message, then press that Help button and log in to your VM TV Anywhere app via the link shown there. Now your two device names listed there might be totally different again - for some reason I don't understand. Anyway, make sure the device you initially wanted removing isn't still listed there. Delete it if it is, use the RENAME> choice if you want again - and then your Sky Sports app should work on your newly registered device too!!

0 Kudos
Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Superhub used solely as router. Wi-Fi via Apple Time Machine.

I was hoping for a response from one of the Forum Admins TBH, but thanks for your interest!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Merlinman,

Sorry to hear that you are having a problem with registering two devices on the TV Anywhere server.

I'll need to take more information from you so that I can get this escalated. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Merlinman
Dialled in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Well, there's been some to-ing & fro-ing this afternoon, but with the assistance of Terri_P, and I'm delighted to say I now have both my chosen devices registered and working!

I'm so pleased, so thanks to all who may have done some 'under the bonnet' tinkering to restore my service!

It took while - but we got there!  Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
martynco
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Do any other people have the problem that I have that TV Anywhere seems to forget my registration every time I use it, although it is over quite a long time period. I have used TV Anywhere successfully on two devices, a MacBook Air and a Windows tablet. I don't use TV Anywhere very often but every time I do it says the device is not registered. Today it got worse when I tried to use my tablet, got the usual message that it was not registered so I went to the page to de-register it and did but then when I tried to register it again it said that I had used all my changes for this month. For me this "service" just does not seem to work, am I the only one having this sort of problem does TV Anywhere automatically de-register your devices if you don't use it for a while? I believe it was before Christmas that I last made any change so does de-registering a device count as one change so I have to wait till March to be able to re-register?

Thanks,
Martyn

0 Kudos