Menu
emuthebrave
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Device Registration

I was using TV Anywhere successfully on both my iPad and MacBook. After an IOS upgrade my MacBook stopped being recognised, so I deleted it an re-added. Unfortunately, it is still not recognised a a registered device, and I have no more changes to make so can't try again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Hi emuthebrave,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your TV Anywhere service.

I've located your account and I can see two devices currently registered with one device change available. Can you check to see if your MacBook is still showing as unregistered?

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
emuthebrave
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I just tried to view a program and got the same "Device Unregistered" message. I have the same MacBook registered twice - should I use my remaining change to remove one of them (which one?) and re-register. I've already done this once recently, and although it worked to begin with as soon as my browser restarted I got the error message back. How does the registration work - is it based on IP address, mac, cookie or some other way?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi emuthebrave,

I think the best course of action would be to delete both device slots, then re-add it again. If the MacBook is showing in both device slots then it's likely confusing the system.

I believe the registration is based on the device's IP Address (I'm just waiting on confirmation of this).

Once you've cleared the devices, let me know and I'll add more device changes to cover it.

Look forward to hearing from you! Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos
emuthebrave
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi. I have deleted both devices, and re-added the Apple Macbook. Everything seems to be working fine now, but I have had to use up my monthly change allowance. Can you add a device change so I can add my iPad?

Re using IP address as part of the registration, this means that I will need to set my 2 devices up with Static IP addresses to ensure that the registration is not lost next time I reboot them. Is that correct?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi emuthebrave, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. Smiley Happy

I have gone in to the account and added a device change for you to use to re-register your 2nd device. After you've used this change, you will need to wait until December 1st to change your  device as no further changes can be added.

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos