Menu
Saussage
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Device Registration

I had a Dell laptop and a Microsoft Surface as registered devices. All was working OK if a little flaky. Now all of a sudden, neither device is recognised when I try to view Sky sport. I've gone in a renamed them - with effectively the same name. Could it be something to do with Windows 10? I'm using IE and not Edge. Any suggestions.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere - Device Registration

Hi Saussage

Welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear that you're having an issue with viewing Sky Sports and TV Anywhere.

If you're using Windows 10 the browsers you can use is Microsoft Edge or Firefox 3 or higher. Here is the link with the specification if you wish to check this.

On your account as you have a device change available, if we try the laptop first, sign into your account, under My Profile select Sky Sports and Sky Movies and remove the laptop from the list. Once this is done on Microsoft Edge/Firefox, go onto the Sky Sports website and start to stream a channel for registration. Hopefully this will then work for you.

Try this and if it works we can then re-register your Microsoft Surface.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Saussage
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response. I understand that Sky requires Silverlight and Edge does not support plugins. I tried your suggestion (deleting the laptop from the device list under the Sky dropdown) using Edge, but it seemed to be recognised as Google Chrome - with an error message that it is not supported. So I opened the same website using IE and it recognised the laptop correctly and I can now access Sky Sports. Thanks.

I now need an additional device change to enable me to delete and re recognise my surface.

Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Saussage, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

I've removed the Surface from your registered devices and added a device change for you to re-register it. 

Let us know if you have any further issues Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos