Menu
Wiggles22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Cannot Detect my Device

When I try to watch the TV Anywhere service, I just get a message saying cannot detect device, and if I go into the registered devices, it doesn't load any and no slots are available, it again just displays the same message. However, using a different laptop, the service works perfectly and I can see both of my devices are still registered. Does anyone know how I can get Virgin to detect my device as I have rang them and they haven't been able to help.

Thanks

AlanMac1
Dialled in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Cannot Detect my Device

same here and it has been like it for 3 weeks! - I started another thread too and so hope someone gets back to me
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I just came across this too.  Try emptying the cache & clearing out cookies. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
Wiggles22
Tuning in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have already tried this,and I have the latest versions of IE and flash player

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wiggles22, 

I'm sorry to ehar that you are having an issue with TV Anywhere detecting your device. 

I'd like to take a closer look at this however i've been unable to locate your account. 

I've sent you a private message requesting some details. Once I have them I can check this out more and hopefully help to resolve things Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wiggles22, 

Thanks for coming back to me with the information Smiley Happy

OK, i've taken a look and can see there is one device already registered with one free space remaining. You also have 1 device change left to use this month.

Have you been able to get this registered since you last posted? 

When logging into anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings is there anything already showing as registered here?

Just out of curiosity, when using a different browser on the laptop are you still getting the same issues? 

Keep me posted, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Wiggles22
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I have the same issues with chrome, IE and Firefox. And the virgin team unregistered my device form the system, but when I go to re register it the page just comes up with could not detect device and doesn't show any empty slots or devices registered
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wiggles22, 

We can only remove a device from being registered if it's on the Sky Platform. 

Can you make sure nothing is listed under the commands I gave you in my previous post Smiley Happy

Make sure cookies are enabled on your browser.

I'm not 100% certain why your device is not being detected. 

Can you only use IE for diagnostic purposes Smiley Happy 

Keep me posted. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Paul818181
Just joined
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi Support team,

I am having this very same problem. None of the workarounds seem to work that I have seen suggested. I have un registered my device successfully on another machine however when attempting to connect using the device I want to use it cannot see it.

Cookies have been cleared, I am using IE . Flash is up to date?

Many thanks

Paul

0 Kudos
Rossco1
Joining in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I have the very same problem with service telling me that there is no device detected when I attempt to watch any shows now, I have been using it without issue for months till now using latest version on IE etc! When I then make attempt to fix the problem through device manager it once again pauses for a few seconds then tells me once again the device has timed out and I cant even click on the FAQ's on the same page now either its like I am frozen out. I decided to try my luck with at least trying to get some access to the device manager by going through Chrome and sure enough I was able to access the device manager then deleted my registered devices then registered my pc on its own this time, believing I had cracked it I came out of Chrome and went back once more on IE hoping it was fixed! However I'm still locked out and its doing the same still but now when I try to use device manager on top of the timed out bit it shows me that I last accessed it early this morning and that I have no changes left this month now! Please explain to me how on earth it knows that but yet still blocks my access to service regardless? What does this device has timed out actually mean and how can I fix it. Any help you can give would be gratefully received many thanks. R Bowie       

0 Kudos