Menu
oakenlivery
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere Browser Mismatch

Hi

I'm encountering a problem using TV Anywhere as an XL subscriber. When I try logging in to watch Sky Sports I am being rejected due to the assumption that I'm using the wrong browser? For this connection, I am using Microsoft Windows 10's Edge browser. It seems to believe I'm using Chrome (that's the message I am seeing). However, I do normally use Chrome and it is my default browser. Could it be that it is reading this from my default settings and subsequently refusing me access?

I have recently upgraded to WIndows 10 from Windows 7. I was able to connect to Sky Sports in the past.

Appreciate any feedback on this anomaly

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere Browser Mismatch

Hi oakenlivery,

Welcome to the Community Forum and thanks for your post. It's great to see new faces here. I'm sorry to hear that you are having problems viewing Sky Sports via your Virgin Media TV Anywhere.

Microsoft Edge is not supported on the Sky Sports and Sky Movies app, but it IS supported on the TV Anywhere content. There are more specific details on this post: TV Anywhere and Microsoft Edge.

We also have information on our Help pages, found here.

Hope this helps. If you have any further queries, please let me know.

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
LiLCLEMO
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Will you be making a windows 10 app for your tv anywhere, it'd be much easier than using multiple web browsers

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi LiLCLEMO, 

Thanks for your post and it's a great question Smiley Happy

Currently the answer is no. We've no plans to make a Windows app as it stands however this could change in the future. 

We are always looking at ways to improve the service so you never know what the future holds. 

Apologies for any inconvenience. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos