Menu
DanBromley
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere App problems on Android Tablet

My wife is struggling to download the Virgin TV Anywhere App on her Samsung Galaxy Tab 4. She goes into the Google Play store and downloads the app, but when it's installing, she gets an error message saying that there isn't enough storage to install, and error code '-18'.

It's a strange one because she's got more than enough space on the tablet, and on the SD card to install the app, and she has no problems at all installing other apps, which makes me think it's something specific with the Virgin TV Anywhere app. She's tried everything, even down to factory resetting her tablet and starting again, and even when it's the first app she tries to install, she still gets the same error.

I have the app on my tablet (a Lenovo Yoga Tab 3, running on Android) and it works absolutely fine, so we're both really confused!

Any help would be gratefully received!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere App problems on Android Tablet

Hi DanBromley, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue downloading TV Anywhere. Rather than installing it on to a memory card, can you try installing it on to the device itself instead? 

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DanBromley
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for your response. She's tried that and it still doesn't work unfortunately. Running out of ideas here!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanBromley, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one Smiley Happy

As the initial error message you were getting advised not enough storage, when going in to the storage settings for the phone, is there room? If not move some apps over to the SD Card to make enough room and let us know how it goes. 

Also what OS is the device running?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DanBromley
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Yep, definitely room on there and it still allows her to download and install apps which are much bigger than the Virgin TV Anywhere app with no problems at all to both her tablet and SD card.

Her tablet is using Android version 4.4.2 which appears to be the most up to date version that the tablet can use - there are no updates that she can install.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DanBromley

I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you're experiencing in trying to install the application.

Thanks for letting us know about the current version of Android you're using. Have you tried installing apps since receiving this error? I'm not aware of any other issues with our customers not being able to download the application, do you have any other applications / data stored on the SD card that could be corrupt?

Lastly, are you able to download other Virgin related applications on the tablet?

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos