Menu
steve-crisp
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere App Android 4.4 Samsung not working

The TV Anywhere App for Android 4.4 (Samsung Galaxy Pro 10.1) does not allow you to sign in, it keeps reporting incorrect password or user name. It has only seemed to happen over the last 48 hrs it was working last week. I have tried self help, going to PC to check and change my password; this did not resolve. I have trawled the forum and saw a suggestion to another user, remove your device from your device list then remove the App, download again this should resolve the issue; it doesn't. I have downloaded the App on another device Samsung Galaxy Note 4; the same issue still happens....so that is me out of ideas. I presume there is a genuine error with the App and software support can you please advise if this has been identified by many customers or your company and if so when will it be resolved. I have just renewed mt contract with Virgin with the promise of European football whilst I work away from home on a weekly basis....that is not happening now.

Look forward to your response and support.

Regards

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywhere App Android 4.4 Samsung not working

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue logging in to the TV Anywhere app on your devices. 

Are you typing the Username and Password in or auto-filling? 

If auto-filling, avoid doing this as a lot of the time it adds an extra space on at the end and therefore will fail. 

As it's happening on both devices, but allows you to log in to My Virgin Media online I'm not really sure where the issue lays here. Are you able to log in to anywhere.virginmedia.com via a PC / Laptop?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

steve-crisp
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thank you for your response, I am as confused as you. No nothing has been cut or pasted and I have attempted many many times to re-enter the information.

I can log in on my PC first time with absolute no issues, I have even tried using a different ISP just to see if it was that....it wasnt.....CORRECTION I can log into my Virgin Media account when I try and use the TV anywhere on the PC it is reporting that I need my Tivo box on....I am not at home hence 'TV Anywhere' but does the Tivo box need to be on remotely for this app to work.....hence why I cannot sign in on any platforms.

Really keen to get this sorted as I have kept virgin TV because of the BT sport European footie channel.

Look forward to any further idea or answers.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

This is a long-shot, but is your tablet auto-capitalising the first letter when you enter a password?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi steve-crisp, 

Thanks for checking that and coming back to me on this. 

I've taken a look at the TiVo® to see if we can remotely reboot it but we're not able to connect to it for some reason. 

When was the last time the box was on?

Is there anyone else at home who could reboot it or someone who could call in to reboot it?

Whilst the TiVo® remains un-contactable, we may not be able to get you online with TV Anywhere. 

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

steve-crisp
Tuning in
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Good shout but no. Thanks for the input.

0 Kudos
steve-crisp
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Now we might be getting some where I had 2 TIVO boxes one has just been returned and the second is sat in my second reception room it is switched on I checked with the folks last night. I shall get them to switch it off and on again to see if it resolves the issue.

Here's a thought would I need to sync my app to that specific box whilst in the house and then I would be able to use it 'Anywhere' there after?

Will keep you updated.

Thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back and sticking with me on this Smiley Happy

OK, I've double checked the account again today and the box is still showing as Non Contactable which realistically means, the TiVo® can't be working from your end. I'm wondering if I'm connecting to the wrong account maybe. 

I have sent you a private message to make sure I am checking the correct account. 

Once we've established that, we can move on from there. 

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

steve-crisp
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I have sent you details as requested via inbox and the TiVO box was reset last night by family member. I did try using the app again, but to no avail.

Many thanks

Steve

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy 

I was checking the right account then. 

I'm still seeing the TiVo® as non contactable and have also noticed some issues with the power levels for your broadband. 

We'll need to look at getting an engineer out to resolve this. Once this is done we can then look at what's going on with TV Anywhere. 

I've replied to your private message with arrangements for the visit. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team