Menu
Chedder
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywhere - Amount of Devices

Hi - is there going to be any update on the amount of devices that can use TV Anywhere ?

Just got my old TIVO upgraded to a new shiny V6 box today, and given that I can now download some programs onto my tablet to watch on the go, I'm guessing my wife and teenagers might want to to do the same on their own devices, but they can't as there is a two device limit ?

Is this going to change at all  - please say yes ?

Chedder 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV Anywhere - Amount of Devices

still only two as far as i am aware. sky is the same although you can add extra ones at an extra cost per month.

ultimately it is for legal/copyright/business reasons why there is a limit. otherwise one bill is paid in say a 7 bedroom house with 20 people in it all watching different movies/sports/shows. copyright holders wouldn't be happy nor would virgin. if virgin do change the limit in the future expect to pay for the privilege per device added.
0 Kudos

All Replies
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

still only two as far as i am aware. sky is the same although you can add extra ones at an extra cost per month.

ultimately it is for legal/copyright/business reasons why there is a limit. otherwise one bill is paid in say a 7 bedroom house with 20 people in it all watching different movies/sports/shows. copyright holders wouldn't be happy nor would virgin. if virgin do change the limit in the future expect to pay for the privilege per device added.
0 Kudos
Chedder
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thanks .....not the answer i wanted but i appreciate the limit is for commercial reasons....
0 Kudos
zvonok
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Understood... but why can't VM do the same as Netflix and allow ANY 2 devices connected at one time?  Thus getting rid of the 'stupid' ..wait till next month'  to add a new one!!!  ... ZVNK ...

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Netflix is a completely different business model to Virgin Media (and Sky), so it's not appropriate to compare the two.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos