Menu
cfpcfp
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV Anywher App stopped working

For the last few days the App is in an endless sign in loop and the sign in box seems to be like a small browser window which looks as if it is trying to sign into the web page rather than the app. Very odd. Any suggestions? I have already restarted the iPad to no avail.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV Anywher App stopped working

Hi cfpcfp, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. Apologies to ehar about the issues you are having on your iPad.

I think we need to start all the way at the beginning as if TV Anywhere has never been used before. 

Can you delete the app from your device. Once you've done this, restart the device by turning the power off and back on. We're also going to restart the TiVo® by turning the power off and leaving off for 5 minutes. Turn it back on and allow to full set back up.

On a PC or Laptop, go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Device Settings and delete the device from the 'My Registered Devices' section. 

Go back to the device you are wanting to use TV Anywhere with and download the app. 

Once this has downloaded, sign in using your primary account details. Go to the channel listings and select Channel 4 > Watch Now > Watch On Device. This should then prompt you to register the device. Follow the prompts on the app and this will register the device for you and streaming should then commence Smiley Happy

Let me know what happens at this point.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
cfpcfp
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I pretty much got to this solution by myself (eventually) and it now seems to be working fine.

A major frustration in getting to this solution was that I phoned the Virgin Media help line, had the usual long wait, spoke to somebody and was then put on hold. I was then thrown back to the beginning of the process and had to repeat everything. The advice that I had to use a computer to solve the problem was not welcome because I was using the app precisely because I was away from home and, at that time didn't have access to a computer. It is odd that you cannot deregister the device from the app or from the browser on a tablet. This is poor design.

To add to things I asked for my complaint to be registered and was assured that someone would get back to me within 24-48 hours. That was two weeks ago....

Sorry for the rant and thanks once again for taking the trouble to reply.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi cfpcfp, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one and I'm really glad to hear that things are resolved now. 

When making a complaint, the agent on the helpline is the one who deals with this and reaches a resolution. There wouldn't be a call back unless you're unhappy with the resolution. 

I have fed your comments regarding the TV Anywhere design through to the TV Anywhere team but we've no plans to change this for now. 

Once again I am sorry but if there is anything else I can do to help, pop back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos