Menu
Upfish
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

TV ANywhere on IOS. Can't connect to TIVO box

I cannot connect my iPad to TiVo. When I try from the TV Anywhere app, I am told that "Not connected to TiVo box on Home Network". The TiVo and the iPad ARE on the same network. I have change s the settings on the TiVo to allow remote network control and have rebooted both devices. 

Help !

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: TV ANywhere on IOS. Can't connect to TIVO box

Your TiVo is not connected to your home network. That would require either a direct Ethernet cable connection from your TiVo to your Superhub or a powerline adapter connection between the two.

0 Kudos

All Replies
andycambs
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm interested to see if there's a response to this. I have the box connected via a wifi extender and periodically have to reboot the box as it shows on both iPhone and iPad as not being connected. It seems to be happening more now than previously
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Upfish wrote:

I cannot connect my iPad to TiVo. When I try from the TV Anywhere app, I am told that "Not connected to TiVo box on Home Network". The TiVo and the iPad ARE on the same network. I have change s the settings on the TiVo to allow remote network control and have rebooted both devices. 

Help !

How is your TiVo connected to your Superhub?

In the TV Anywhere app, does the 'remote control' icon have an exclamation mark (!) through it?

0 Kudos
Upfish
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

The connection is as the VM guy installed it last week. There's a coax cable that comes from the fibre termination box. The coax goes to a connector where two coax cables emerge, one to the TiVo and one to the router.

There is a exclamation mark on the app
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Your TiVo is not connected to your home network. That would require either a direct Ethernet cable connection from your TiVo to your Superhub or a powerline adapter connection between the two.

0 Kudos
Upfish
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I was fooled by the help pages in the app that says your installer will have connected the box to the home network. Clearly that didn't happen. I will buy an Ethernet cable and try again. Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos