Menu
greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

TV ANYWHERE device limit reached

unable to access device settings. unable to watch any programs for 48 hours. help desk , no help.

substandard service is unacceptable for a modern company.  i hope the owner of this company is aware how his staff are performing.

rgds

Johan
Dialled in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV ANYWHERE device limit reached

I am now experiencing the same problem.Worked OK till the other night, nothing changed on my part

0 Kudos
Johan
Dialled in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Also contrary to moderator message that it's a windows only issue, not true I'm on an imac

0 Kudos
emjayel
Tuning in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

First noticed this problem on 20th June. Had to phone the help desk a couple of times, the second time, the guy did not even know about the message which Virgin is posting with regard to this problem. The first guy cancelled one of my devices, then re-instated it. Anytime seemed to work OK for a couple of hours. My moan regarding this technique is that even although I have made no changes to my devices, because the help desk guy cancelled and re-instated, I can not use any other device now, as he has used up all my allocation for this month. Next day, Anytime went off again, phoned again and was told that this problem will unlikely be fixed before the 29th June. After queering this, I was told.........."Ah well this is what happens with technology and it could be fixed sooner". Sammy Snail must be the engineer on call if this is how long it takes to fix the problem. Maybe he need a lesson in technology!! I have checked again today, still nothing which is a bit of a nuisance. Thank goodness for Iplayer and ITV player as other wise I would have to watch football with my other half.

I now have been given a Ticket Reference number from customer service in case I have to phone up again. No mention of a rebate either as they reckon Anytime is a free service.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, 

Thanks so much for your patience whilst we are looking in to this fault. 

Just to give you an update, the teams have been working on this and we hope to have a resolution soon. 

As a work around we are able to add a device change for you which will allow you to register the device however as soon as you log out, you will get the same error again. To get the change added, please give us a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options to speak to the Broadband Faults team. 

I know this isn't the best solution but it is only a work around until we can get things back to normal for you. 

Keep an eye on the sticky here for further updates: TV Anywhere Device Registration

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
emjayel
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

just checked again and am being told that the fault should be fixed by 4th July!! That is from the 20th June - 4th July, not good enough Virgin.
0 Kudos
greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

just a comment: in my recent call, I was informed 30 june for fix,  UNLESS IT REQUIRES REWRITE OF WEBSITE THAT COULD TAKE WEEKS .....um ??

greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I CANNOT EVEN ACCESS DEVICE SETTINGS to attempt a registration change. I can do nothing to try and watch TV.  If I try to watch TV I get DEVICE LIMIT REACHED . Then I try to access device settings and get a message that TV ANYWHERE is only for virgin customers..  I see that some on the forum are saying TVA is now working fine.  WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF US ?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

It might be helpful to post what browser and Flash version you are using to see if there is any pattern for those who aren't back in business.
0 Kudos
greenrivet
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I have tried with firefox, chrome and explorer using 2 different laptops, both with Win10

0 Kudos