Menu
manatee15
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

TV ANYWHERE WINDOWS 10 TIVO V6

I just got my new V6 box and am using the TV Anywhere service on Windows 10 using the Edge browser. I noticed that I am unable to stream or download my recordings for some reason. This feature now exists on the Android app and IOS so was disappointed it didn't feature on the TV Anywhere web portal as this is a feature I was planning to use a great deal on my laptop.

Is there a reason this doesn't work and will this be added in the future?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV ANYWHERE WINDOWS 10 TIVO V6

It is currently only available within the apps, and is only advertised as such. On the browser you can watch live TV and On Demand.

For the apps, they talk directly to your V6 via your home network to download recordings. But the browser version is hosted on Virgin Media's computers so your V6 box would have to first upload the recording to VM to then watch via the app. This would make it much more technically complicated.

I have no idea what the plans are for the service, but recordings access will be via the apps only until Virgin Media say otherwise.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

A windows 10 app would be nice...

0 Kudos
lhud64
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

how can you serve up a new box without supporting windows 10. until that it sorted I will be staying with my old box and wait until my contract finishes and get a sky Q box

0 Kudos