Menu
Dean1978
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

TV ANYWHERE VIA 3G?

I'm thinking of moving from sky to virgin media just been told by customer service I can watch tv via the app via a 3G network, all the other info I've seen tells me I can't? Can someone tell me if I can or not
0 Kudos
Tavis75
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: TV ANYWHERE VIA 3G?

Customer services are wrong, you can't watch TV via 3G, though you can use the app to set and manage recordings on your TiVo via 3G. The ability to watch via 3G may come in the future as I believe it's a licensing issue rather than a technical issue.

0 Kudos
Dean1978
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's the way I was reading it, albeit it can't be that much of a licensing issue as sky go has been on 3G for yrs shame VM can't get with the times as that's the most important issue for me even over cost..... Cheers for confirming there telling me wrong info
0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They'll tell you whatever it takes to get your custom, truth or otherwise. Pretty shocking by all accounts.

The oddest thing about VM's TV Anywhere is that the picture quality is so inferior to Sky Go that it is actually much more suited to 3G streaming as it uses much less data.  If your mobile phone plan allows tethering, you can tether a laptop and it DOES work.

0 Kudos
Dean1978
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I can tether to my iPad but got a limit on data which I would surpass quickly as use my sky go bout 4-5hrs a day, true companies will promise you the world to get you to sign up
0 Kudos