Menu
colemabj
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1

Is there anything being done to get TV Anywhere to work on Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Surface Pro 3 Windows 8.1

Hybrid laptop-tablet devices aren't supported (nor is the RT version of Windows.) If you can't get the device to stream when using Firefox: http://getfirefox.com then it's not going to work at all.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok,

The Surface Pro 3 is a Hybrid, if you try running the Virgin TV anywhere in the internet explorer app it is not going to work.

However if you go to your desktop and run the desktop internet browser it will run. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash player.

You can install the firefox browser if you wish (As Shelke mentions) but you will still need the Adobe Flash Player.

If you can install it on a PC you can install it on your surface Pro 3 – needs to be in desktop mode though.

Hope this helps.

I really would like VirginMedia to come out with an App for the windows store – one day!

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hybrid laptop-tablet devices aren't supported (nor is the RT version of Windows.) If you can't get the device to stream when using Firefox: http://getfirefox.com then it's not going to work at all.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
CrouchingSheep
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ok,

The Surface Pro 3 is a Hybrid, if you try running the Virgin TV anywhere in the internet explorer app it is not going to work.

However if you go to your desktop and run the desktop internet browser it will run. Please make sure you have the latest version of the Adobe Flash player.

You can install the firefox browser if you wish (As Shelke mentions) but you will still need the Adobe Flash Player.

If you can install it on a PC you can install it on your surface Pro 3 – needs to be in desktop mode though.

Hope this helps.

I really would like VirginMedia to come out with an App for the windows store – one day!

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi CrouchingSheep, 

Thanks for updating the thread with that information Smiley Happy

We have received lots and lots of feedback for this so hopefully the team will take it into account. Only the future will tell us what's to come though.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos