Menu
Rona286
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Subtitles on TV on the go.

As a hearing impaired person totally reliant on subtitles, I am extremely disappointed that Virginmedia has not made subtitles available in the TV on the go app. No reason why it can't be;  IPlayer, ITV Hub, Netflix and Amazon Prime (to name a few) can do it!  Any chance this will be made available on Virginmedia on the go in the foreseeable future?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Subtitles on TV on the go.

Hi Rona286, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community. 

I understand how frustrating it is when you're trying to watch something and are unable to hear it Smiley Sad Virgin Media are working towards becoming as accessible as possible. 

Currently wherever we receive the Subtitles from the broadcaster, we offer them. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jakarinho
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

For many years, still nothing ! Why are you virgin Misleading it to the people who really need subtitles! Why the 'S' symbol is there on the screen that is does nothing!
0 Kudos
jayess
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This isn't strictly true. It's true for watching on TV but there haven't been any on lots of on demand programmes. I can't find any on TV Anywhere app for iPad either.  A law has now been passed on subtitling on demand programmes.  I wonder how long Virgin will take to implement it.  I am lost without subtitles.  I am paying for a service I can only partly use. 

Kath_F wrote:

Hi Rona286, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you involved in the Community. 

I understand how frustrating it is when you're trying to watch something and are unable to hear it Smiley Sad Virgin Media are working towards becoming as accessible as possible. 

Currently wherever we receive the Subtitles from the broadcaster, we offer them. 

Apologies for any inconvenience.

Thanks,

0 Kudos