Menu
SandyK64
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Struggling to connect

The Tivo box is connected on the TV downstairs where my daughter and son in law watch, and I have now downloaded the TV anywhere app on my old ipad2 so I can watch the occasional programme in my bedroom.
All sounds OK until I tried to watch a programme and all it did was change the TV downstairs. There doesn't seem to be an option to watch anything on the ipad. Is this app just a glorified remote control?
Or am I doing something wrong? It's confusing to navigate at the moment but I would appreciate any (simplified!) Advice please!
Sandy x
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Struggling to connect

Pretty surprised the app works on an elderly IPAD but there you go.

If the Ipad has been registered as a TVAnywhere device for streaming, it SHOULD be as simple as selecting watch now on a channel that is enabled for streaming. Some channels (notably BBC) dont allow streaming through TVA, they want you to use their own app.

Its actually a bit more complicated to get it working as a remote as compared to streaming so it sounds like you are on the right track. If its a regular TiVo you wont be able to watch recordings, just live telly.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Struggling to connect

This almost certainly user error. Try channel 104 or any other channel with the wifi symbol.

0 Kudos