Menu
kevwigan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Streaming via mobile data

Duped into joining Virgin, the deal breaker was being to watch BT sport on my mobile.

Me to Virgin: can I watch BT sport on my mobile
Virgin: yes
Me:I can't get wifi it will be 3 or 4g just like I use for skygo
Virgin: yes that's ok

I try and it says need wifi I spoke to cust service and been told if device registered try again. Done that still no go, FAQ live TV not available on mobile networks what a load of b@ll0x

Virgins advert show TVs anywhere on PCs tablet and mobile nowhere does it say mobile networks can't stream live TVs, what's the point of subscribing to something you can't use.

Legal advice and words with advertising regulator in order I think!!
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Streaming via mobile data

Hi kevwigan,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced so many issues with us and want to leave.

Please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) taking option 4, then option 5. This is our Retentions Department, who will go through the details of cancelling your service.

All the best,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi kevwigan,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. Apologies that you were not correctly advised that TV Anywhere is only available via a WiFi connection. 

If this is an issue you would like to discuss with our Customer Care department, please ring on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline/mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone).

Regards,

Terri

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

kevwigan
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri_P

thanks for the reply, I did ring customer service and was told it was a device registration issue so I registered the devices but still same.

On top of this I get my bill and find it excessive, I checked it further and there is a charge for a non  payment. I check my bank and it hadn't been taken so I ring up and go through hoops to speak to who I want. It transpires that the dd hadn't been activated so I'm kindly let off the charge. Broadband speed is way below Vivid, best wired with almost new Dell PC was 148mb.i know it's an 18mth contract but the contract hasn't been honoured as advised i.e. No 3/4G tv anywhere, quick to charge me for free self install (£20 since refunded) £10 for non payment when they have the details but not activated. I'm not impressed if the truth be told so would like to know the ins and outs of leaving.

Regards,

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi kevwigan,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced so many issues with us and want to leave.

Please give us a call on 150 (free from a Virgin Media landline & Virgin Media mobile) or 0345 454 1111 (from any other phone) taking option 4, then option 5. This is our Retentions Department, who will go through the details of cancelling your service.

All the best,

Terri

0 Kudos
kevwigan
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Terri,

Thanks for replying, been on the phone today but no joy.

Explained everything to Kate but was told if I want to go must pay £240 disconnection fee, that is never going to happen. I have the address to write to Virgin so will write to them and in the meantime will explore other avenues.

Thanks again,

Kevin

0 Kudos