Menu
Gwalker124
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Streaming set up

Hi

i am trying to set up streaming on my iPad but I can't select any of the tick boxes to confirm and start the set up. I can't upload the picture as it's to large for this site.

Basically I click on the cog (settings icon with the to anywhere app) and select setup. It searches for devices and then asks if I want to set it up on this device.  There are three check boxes, the set up in home box is pre selected and the other two are blank, I try to tick the boxes but nothing happens so can't continue through the set up.

is anyone else having this issue? i have a v6 box and iPad Air 2, so i think this should work.

cheers

gary

todger1
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming set up

I have the same issue on both ipad air2 and Samsung galaxy S6. Spent 30 mins on the phone today but couldn't get the tech on the other end to understand the problem. Seams they're as much in the dark as the rest of us. This app is dire. I spent 4 hours over the weekend just trying to get it working. It turns out the tivo box needed a reset!
0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Just found a post from Ben elsewhere...Android 6.0.1 is not supported...seriously! God help us when Nougat 7 comes along!!
0 Kudos
Gwalker124
Tuning in
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Did restarting your box solve the issue or did it just let you get the app working? My app seems to work fine I just can't get this streaming set up
0 Kudos
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Restarting the box solved log in issues and started the app. Streaming sets up in home but not away from home. If I try to set up on android it fails at step 4. If I try to set up on ipad it won't allow me to enter ticks in the boxes! So far, only in home works on android, but android 6.0.1 is not supported by the app! Don't know what the. Problem is on ipad but we are not alone with this issue as I've read elsewhere of issues with ipad. Cant believe they released this app with so many bugs!
0 Kudos
Palmerov
Joining in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I am also having the same problem with this streaming set up on TV Anywhere on my iPad. After rebooting the V6 box and re-registering my device, I can at least watch live TV via streaming, but am not able to watch or download any recordings from the V6 box on the device.

When I try to do the streaming set up, the boxes that need ticking are heavily greyed out (can barely see the one that says set up out of home streaming, but can tick it), but then it always gets stuck on step 1 of the set up process and gives the option to 'try again'.

I have multi-room and my V6 and Tivo boxes connect fine over my home network, so can watch recordings from box to box. Just this problem with TV anywhere.

Neil61
Joining in
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

I have exactly the same problem - sorry I started a new thread before I saw this. If you find an answer please let me know.  The tick boxes aren't clear on ipad but are there. I can't get past Step 1. 

0 Kudos
mr_vpw
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Sigh, so I thought it was me, but no, I also cannot setup "Out of Home Streaming" - I have no idea why not, but I imagine this is yet another thing that won't work with Virgin. I'm not sure why I was stupid enough to sign up with this service. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

The Out of Home Streaming option shouldn't appear. It's a bug that it does, along with the TiVo terms box. It's not part of the service and isn't advertised anywhere that it is.

In home streaming when connected to the same WiFi is part of the service, and if you just select the top box out of the three then the setup should complete.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
todger1
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Android 6.0.1 is as far as I know still unsupported, but android 7 is ... ipad air 2 is also still unsupported. Watch this space though, it may have been corrected. There may be other issues with away streaming that we arnt being made aware of..such as copyright or inter company agreements..
Also see reply from Ben mcr...which makes sense since tv anywhere works...anywhere...more or less... Just a shame it doesn't work on phone network like sky go.
0 Kudos