Menu
Nathan_66B
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Streaming channels not available

i have the full Vurgin TV package. Until a few days ago all subscribed channels were available to stream. Now I have no wifi symbols and no channels to watch "anywhere". 

I have tried reinstalling but to no effect.  This isn't the first time this has happened and I have to say I'm getting seriously p'd off with VM and a very intermittent service level.  Any ideas on how to get this working again? 

0 Kudos
Nathan_66B
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Streaming channels not available

So, I have just logged in on the iPad and there are channels with the streaming logo. BUT now it tell me my device isn't registered and I've used up this months quota of changes! The device is clearly shown on the registration page, but again I cannot stream TV. This really is a rubbish service. I never had these issues with Sky Go.  Time to move back I think....

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan_66B

Thanks for posting back on the community.

Many apologies for the issues with TV Anywhere. I know this can be frustrating.

On your account, there is an additional device change available. When you get chance can you log into your TV Anywhere account through a PC/laptop, on the right hand side under My Profile select Device Settings and remover the iPad.

Once this has been done, go onto TV Anywhere app on the iPad, select a channel to stream and this will prompt for re-registration. 

Hopefully this will then work for you. If you have any further issues, by all means let me know.

Regards
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nathan_66B
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

No changes available. I used them in resetting everything when nothing was working earlier in the week. The device I am on us shown in my list but not recognised fir whatever reason. 

I saw elsewhere the Virgin team helped someone by adding a change. Is this possible?

Thanks

Nathan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan

Thanks for the reply.

I did mention there is a device change available, I just doubled checked and it it still there for you to use.

Fingers crossed this works for you.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Nathan_66B
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam

Can I remove the design in Safari on he iPad if I don't have access to a PC?

Nathan
0 Kudos
Nathan_66B
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

..and now I have returned to the anywhere app the streaming symbols have all gone again! So even if the device was registered I cannot stream anything. As I said, a pretty useless app most of the time. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan

I've just been on a test iPad and signed in on Safari, unfortunately it doesn't show the devices listed for TV Anywhere.

However if you are currently on the iPad go into the TV Anywhere app, go to settings (like a cog wheel at the top left) and select device registration. This will then open a page for the devices, delete the iPad from the list and if necessary re-install the app.

Let me know if the channels have the wireless symbols after that. I know this is frustrating and you want it to work, I'll try my best to get this working for you.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Nathan_66B
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam 

I have registered the iPad as iPadFeb26 but unfortunately no streaming symbols. I have logged out and back in, but no change.  Are you able sort or suggest a solution?

Thanks

Nathan

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan

Does this issue only appear on the iPad? Do you know if the other device you have registered work?

If you do pick a streaming channel say 103 or 104, does it give you the option of Watch on iPad? I know the streaming symbol is not available I just want to see if the function still works?

Speak soon
Sam

0 Kudos