Menu
Philat32
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sony Xperia Z2

When will the more modern phones, esp the Sony Xperia Z2, be able to view live TV on TV Anywhere?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony Xperia Z2

Hi Philat32,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the ForumSmiley Happy Are you having problems with the TV Anywhere app, or just querying about the compatibility of the Sony Xperia Z2? Most modern phones can connect and use the TV Anywhere app, even though they may not be fully supported, as shown on our website.

Have you downloaded the TV Anywhere app and tested it to see if it works? If you have and you aren't able to view live TV, can you please let me know what error you get, are you connecting via WiFi or Home Mode? 

Here are some links to our Help Pages, which will give you further information and instructions:

Watch TV using the Virgin TV Anywhere app for Android

Troubleshooting the Virgin TV Anywhere app for Android Tablet or Phone

Please let me know how you get on with this. 

Thanks.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Philat32
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri

I connect on the home wifi network. I can use the phone as a remote control, but when I try to view live tv I either get the option to view on TV or if I get the option to view on the phone, the following error "There was a problem streaming from this channel. Please try again."

Unfortunately this is all I get however often I try!

I thought it may be because the phone is not supported and therefore blocked?

Regards

Phil

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil, 

The Z2 isn't actually supported however testing it here, it should work. 

What channel are you trying to view? Sounds like you're trying to view a channel that can't be streamed as not all of them are available.

Try channel 4 for me. Is there any difference?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos