Menu
Actorgirl3
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

So now no MTV/Comedy Central

Called virgin today as I couldn't access Comedy Central or mtv on the app, after ages on the phone they figured out that they have lost the licenses to these channels on the app, which in my view now makes the app totally pointless, it's basically freeview! They told me I can still watch via a computer- tried to register my computer and surprise surprise they're having issues registering devices. Another hour waisted! Being with virgin media is like Groundhog Day...
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: So now no MTV/Comedy Central

Hi Actorgirl3,

Thanks for your posts and apologies to hear about the issues you were having with the TV Listings via TV Anywhere.

There was a fault we became aware of that has since been resolved. 

How have things been since you last posted? I'm hoping all is working as it should be now but if not, and you're still having an issue, come back and let me know. 

Thanks,
Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Actorgirl3
Tuning in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

No it's not been resolved, you no longer have access to Comedy Central and MTV via the app so I can no longer use my I pad to watch virgin on it. Pointless
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Actorgirl3,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know these 2 channels are still missing for you. 

The fault was resolved so the fact that these 2 channels are still missing means a different fault is in play here. 

I've been able to view the channels online but using an iPhone 6, I'm getting the same as you - no Comedy Central or MTV. 

I've raised this up to the Project team now and they will take a look at the next step to getting this resolved. Once I hear anything back from them, I shall let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Actorgirl3
Tuning in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

As I've stated various times Kath this isn't a fault, virgin told me that they have lost the licenses to these channels for use on tablet and phones, I highly doubt there is an answer to this but as I'm getting conflicting reports from you as opposed to virgin customer helpline then maybe I'm wrong?! I hope so because I'm extremely annoyed with this. Plus I cannot use the to anywhere webpage via my laptop either due to a fault with registering devices. I've pretty much had it with Virgin at the moment, did I mention they've also upped my bill be £22 a month without telling me?? Excellent
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Actorgirl13, 

I've not been made aware of this change and currently all online documents still show those channels as being able to stream. The channels available via a mobile or tablet device are the same as those available via a PC. I'll wait until I've heard back from the team before commenting on that though. 

With regards to the device registration, what errors are you getting? 

What browser are you using on your laptop?

What OS is the laptop running?

Is it a touch enabled laptop or one that can convert to a tablet?

Usually when a bill jumps up by that much, it can sometimes mean you were receiving a discount (maybe loyalty or introductory) that has ended. When this happens we wouldn't let you know the bill will be increasing as this would have been advised when the discount was agreed. 

Give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they may be able to look into the previous discount and also see if we can bring that price back down for you Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Actorgirl13, 

Can you try viewing MTV and Comedy Central via your TiVo® box for me?

Let me know if you can see them there Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Actorgirl3
Tuning in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Again Kath I'm afraid you are giving me conflicting information to what I was given over the phone, I was told that the licenses have been lost for these channels ONLY on the app and that I could still watch them via the website on a computer. My computer is running the newest Windows apparently virgin is aware of an issue where it will state that your device is not registered even though it is and had an estimated fix date of 14/03. Maybe you should check with them as I've no idea why I'm getting conflicting reports about all of this
0 Kudos
Actorgirl3
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

And yes I can view them through the TiVo box I've been through all of this on the phone there is NOT a fault with the channels it is a licensing issue with the app and certain channels
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Actorgirl13,

Thanks again for coming back to me on this. 

I can confirm there is no licencing issue with these channels. I've tested on an Android device and another iPhone and the channels are showing and streaming. 

I have to apologies but you were given the wrong information from our helpline. I will ensure feedback is given to that agent as what they have advised you is wrong. 

Any channels viewable via the website are also available to view via the apps. They don't have separate licences. We either can show the channel or we can't. In this case, we can.

The project team have come back and tested things on their end and it's working. When they use the same details as me, it's not. 

We're working on where the issue lays here and once I hear back I will be in touch with you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos