Menu
TEF
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Skyports on Hudl2 jumpy

Hi I am on the tvxl package and registered a Hudl2. Watching iPlayer is fine any other tvanywhere channels  OK but watching skyports after initial what looks like non HD streaming is very jerky. It's using android lollipop 5.1

It's fine on my android 5.1 moto g mobile mind you. Anyone experience this and more importantly got a fix?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Skyports on Hudl2 jumpy

Hi TEF, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with the picture on your Sky Sports app. This isn't what we like to hear and we can certainly look into this with you. 

Since you posted, have you been able to try streaming again? Did you notice any difference at all?

Some times there may well be an issue with demand and also your signal connection at the time you're streaming. 

Try Sky Sports again for me, are you seeing the same issues?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TEF
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding Kath. 

This is still the same. On the HUDL it looks to me as if it starts OK but after about maybe 5 seconds the picture looks as if it goes HD and that's when the frame drops seem to happen. 

As I said it does not happen on the MOTOG Android phone which works fine, so it must be HUDL related. I wanted to try the iPad but have to wait until next month for the changes, but I either drop the phone or the HUDL which would then make it impossible to try the various options. 

Terry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Terri, 

It is possible that the Hudl specifications are not as good which could be why you're seeing this issue on there but not your other device. 

If this is the case then there isn't anything we can really do about this as it's not the stream, it's the device at fault. 

I've added a device change for you to remove the Hudl and add the iPad instead. 

If you have any further issues, let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos