Menu
jez_clarke
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

SkySports app says Device limit reached, when the device is registered and active

I have two devices registered.. never added an additional one, never amended them.

when I try to watch sky sports at work (don't tell the boss), it tells me Device limit is reached.. How can this be , ?

I check online my profile for TV anywhere for Sky and it's fine.. useless.. wish I hadn't recently signed up :-(

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: SkySports app says Device limit reached, when the device is registered and active

Don't use Chrome. Do update flash & Silverlight.

It's quite possible that your work's network blocks such things.

0 Kudos
jez_clarke
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: SkySports app says Device limit reached, when the device is registered and active

cheers dude... but am using my iPhone device on 4G and doing nothing via the companies network..

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you also use Sky Movies. It may be connected to this issue which has been raised to Sky http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/TV-on-the-go/Sky-sports-app-works-on-iphone-but-sky-movies-app-d...

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jez_clarke
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No Ben.. I don't use Sky Movies.. Only subscribe to the Sports channels..

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi jez_clarke

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you are unable to watch Sky Sports on your iPhone.

When you are connected to your wireless network at home are you able to watch Sky Sports? Or is it just when your using 4G? I can see that there is an iPhone registered to use the Sky app which is fine, you also have another device change available. I have re-sync'd your account to see if that helps. If it doesn't work on both wireless nor 4G, I would remove the device, then re-register the iPhone by streaming a channel through the Sky Sports app.

Try this and let me know how it goes

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jez_clarke
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

thanks.. The iPhone doesn't work on wifi (home or work location) and the 4g doesn't either..

I've tried again this morning and it's the same message.. :-(

Appreciate your help so far...

In regard to having another device.. that's all good, but this is the device I am more keen on with working than any other.. Apart from my son's ipad.. I'd be killed if that stopped working ;-)

jez

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jez

Thanks for getting back in touch.

If you can as you have one available device change, re-install the Sky Sports app on the iPhone then start to stream a channel. Hopefully this will prompt you to register the iPhone again.

This won't effect your son's iPad I promise :-)

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
jez_clarke
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

it's working.. yay... many thanks...

don't tell the boss, but now I can watch the ashes when it starts.. yay ... Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jez

I'm glad its working for you.

Something to keep you busy while your in work :-)

Sam

0 Kudos