Menu
ericalcock
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports

Using a desktop pc. Could go to skysports website and log in using virgin id. Now it does not even seem to be streaming let alone letting me try to log in. Is this service issue

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports

Hi ericalcock, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to log in to the Sky Sports website. 

Streaming wouldn't work unless you log in and as you're unable to log in, streaming won't work. Not to worry though I'm sure we can sort this out Smiley Happy

What OS are you running?

What browser are you using?

Have you used this PC before to stream via Sky Sports?

Try deleting the cache, cookies and history from your browser. Then go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete your PC registration from here and then go to www.skysports.com 

Once here, log in by clicking the Sign in button then the Virgin Media icon. Has this allowed you to sign in? If so, start streaming for me. This will re-register the device. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ericalcock
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No joy I'm afraid. Once at Skysports.com I would normally select the watch skysports now button, this would then bring up a skysports log in button and a virgin media log in button which I would use to get me in. This is the functionally that has diasappeared.

Any further suggestions?

I am using windows 7pro, internet explorer and yes I have used this method many times before

Eric Alcock

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eric, 

You can sign in by clicking Sign In on the top right hand corner (next to the search bar). Once you click on that the Virgin Media logo will show on the left hand side then. 

Does this make any difference? 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ericalcock
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Probably not. Problem now sorted.

Phoned 150, eventually got through to human being in Broadband Support. The lady I spoke to sorted it in about 5 minutes. Solution was to reset internet explorer, job done.

A shame that it takes so long to get to speak to someone with broadband knowledge!

0 Kudos