Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports player will not work

Hi scottcharlwood, 

Thanks again for sticking with us on this one. 

The error message you have is due to what I mentioned in my first message to you. It's caused by the player not being installed properly. 

I'm wondering if some part of the device is to blame. Do you have a 2nd device you can try it on? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
scottcharlwood
Joining in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

i have no other divices
0 Kudos
scottcharlwood
Joining in
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

sky worked perfectly before the change to sky player

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi scottcharlwood,

I'd like you to try something one of our users posted that helped them clear a similar issue.

Uninstall the Sky Player using Windows Settings\Apps

Uninstall Cisco Videoguard using Windows Settings\Apps

Deleted the Sky-player Folder in the Users\Currentuser\AppData\Roaming Directory

Deleted the Sky Folder in the Users\Currentuser\AppData\Roaming Directory

Using Task Manager stopped the CiscoVideoGuardMonitor running

Deleted the Cisco Folder in the User\Currentuser\AppData\Local Directory

Restarted the Computer

Opened IE11 and logged onto Sky Virginmedia to watch Sky Sports

Downloaded the Sky Player

Opened up the Download Folder and ran the installer using "Run as Administrtor" right click

Ticked the Box "I have already installed the New Desktop Player"

Speak soon

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Martin_Hill
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Has anyone else tried the above workaround? Unfortunately I found the result to be exactly the same as before: stuttering sound accompanied by a picture running in slow-motion. Very disappointing. Interestingly, perhaps, as the Sports desktop app was on I opened the Task Manager on my laptop and looked at the CPU usage—it wavered between 97-100%. At the time of writing this email it is hovering between 1-4%. I notice that another thread (as yet not replied to by a member of the forum team) queries whether the Cisco VideoGuard is the cause of the problem with the Sky Sports/Cinema apps. I wonder...

[As an aside, I also tried using the iPlayer after closing the Sky Sports desktop app—it {i.e. the iPlayer} worked perfectly, both watching a stored programme and a live stream of BBC2 {a live stream that you can pause, rewind and fast-forward}]

Four months after having this change thrust upon us—and four months of the associated problems—the only practical offer of a solution has come, not from the backroom boys in either Sky or VM's IT departments, but from a subscriber to the service (incidentally, if his 'sellotape and scissors' solution had worked, would he have received any form of monetary recompense for his effort?). Is this not shameful for the two companies involved, that given the resources at their disposal they are unable to fix a problem which appears to be of their own making? The system for watching Sky Sports and Cinema through VM worked perfectly well until the changes were made—so why the change?

0 Kudos