Menu
Cobers
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports on the go problem

Hi, 

I have not changed my sky sports app registration but today it is saying I have reached my device limit. I have not re-registered any devices so how can this be?

I also only have 2 devices registered and have not changed these atall. The TV anywhere still works. 

Please help as I want to watch it.

Thank you.  

0 Kudos
Cobers
Joining in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports on the go problem

Anyone please?
0 Kudos
Kwakers
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Having the same problem have you updated iOS to 8.4 

0 Kudos
rb123
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Yes same problem. Device is registered & used to work, now says limit reached. At work, so can't ring bloody premium help line
0 Kudos
poppet1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This has been an ongoing issue for weeks. On a separate thread I was told that Virgin/Sky were applying a fix. Weeks later it still doesn't work. De registering and re registering devices does not work either.

Come on Virgin, sort it out please!!
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cobers,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for posting on the Forum.  I'm sorry to hear that your Sky Sports On The Go isn't working. 

I was able to access your account via your Forum details and checked this for you. Could you please try removing and re-registering your devices on the Sky Sports app as there has been an update since you first registered these.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi rb123,

Thank you for your post on the Forum. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems accessing Sky Sports On The Go. 

If you are still having the same issue, could you please remove and re-register your devices by logging in to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete the device and then re-add the device, using only alpha/numeric characters, please. 

Also, please note that Chrome is not supported and you may waste your monthly
change if you register a device using this browser. Supported browsers are
IE7 or higher, Safari5 or higher and Firefox 3 or higher.

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
romec1701
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have been having the same issue.

I am trying to use the SkySports app to watch TV on my phone (samsung S5 - Android 5.0).

I signed in successfully using Vmedia login details in the Vmedia section but when I try to watch a channel I get the

'Device Limit Reached' error.

Now my phone is one of my two registered devices (confirmed on the web) and I have tried deleting the phone and then re-registering it in the Virgin TVAnywhere app using only alphanumeric characters.

It still does not work.

To be honest I will be giving it one more week and I will be cancelling my Virgin contract and taking out a SKY one as I NEED to be able to watch the Ashes whilst at work and I will not miss the 2nd test.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Cobers,

Just checking back with you to see if the Sky Sports app is working for you, as I haven't had a response from my last post to you.

Please drop me a line and let me know how you're getting along with the app and if we need to look into this issue further for you.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi rb123,

Just checking with you about the issue you posted about with Sky Sports on the Go app. 

Please drop me a line and let me know if I need to investigate this further for you, or if everything's working fine now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos