Menu
Zoggler4
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports fix

So, after the weekends sport bonanza, l am able to login via the Virgin app without any of the problems encountered on Saturday and Sunday. So what the hell was going on , who created the problemSKY???, 

Or was there a genuine issue which created a lot of hassle .

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports fix

Hi Zoggler4,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Apologies for the issues you were having with the app over the weekend. We did raise a fault with Sky on Friday evening and can confirm things have been resolved. 

We are still working with Sky to identify the root cause but fingers crossed this wont happen again. 

If you have any further issues, let us know.

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
canary1
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Absolute rubbish. There is no fix because it's still happening when I log on to sky sports. It was fine for several weeks but now I consistently get the dreaded unexpected error message. Phoned Virgin help line only to be informed that it was a Sky problem so I should phone Sky. As I pay my subscription to Virgin I think it's Virgin who should sort it out soonest.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi canary1, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this Smiley Happy

I understand it's frustrating when you are not getting the service you expected but as the app belongs to Sky, we need to work with them in order to resolve things and find the root cause. 

This is neither a fault solely on Virgin's side or on Sky's side so what you've been told over the phone is a little incorrect. As mentioned in my previous post, we are working with them on this. 

Currently testing things out at this end, we're able to log in without seeing this error so I'm wondering if what you are seeing is slightly different to this. 

What device are you using to log in? 

When logging into anywhere.virginmedia.com > My profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports are you seeing your device listed there as a registered device?

What are you trying to do when you are seeing the error message?

What is the full error message you are seeing?

Let me know so I can investigate this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
canary1
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

I am using a Sony Vaio computer using windows 8.1. 64 bit

I am assuming it is a registered device because I could access sky sports for weeks until last week. The operator on your helpline confirmed that I had two devices registered and that my Sony was one of them.

The message is "sorry there is an unexpected error".

After reading this message board it seems as if this has been an ongoing problem for several months now.

Thanks for responding by the way. It's appreciated.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

As has already been pointed out, this error seems to coincide with whenever viewer demand is high.  I have seen it myself many times & have just kept trying; sometimes it takes 5 attempts before it will let me in but I do get in eventually.  (Start right over from the Virgin listings page then click through to the Sky Sports channel you want to watch, bounce over to Sky website, click the Virgin Media logo, come back to VM website, log-in, get directed back to Sky again!)

(Win 7 / x64 / IE11)

This "arrangement" between Virgin & Sky leaves both parties in a great position to pass the buck, which of course they will do at every opportunity.  A cynic might say that it would do Sky no harm for their indirect VM subscribers to receive inferior service.  Whatever, us that subscribe to Sky Sports through Virgin Media are missing a lot of sport action that we are paying a considerable (and ever increasing) amount to see.

What browser are you using canary1?

0 Kudos
canary1
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Internet Explorer which I know is a bit old hat but it has always worked for me-well until recently.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi canary1,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

It looks as though we are back to having this error today too. 

We've raised this as a fault under reference F003944226. 

I've added your details to the ticket and once we have any updates, we'll let you know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I just managed to get in fine.

Win7 / x64 / IE11.