Menu
Tino1986
Joining in
Message 1 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports error

Hi I'm getting an error message when trying to view sky sports. The error message is the app does not support screen sharing when streaming.Any help?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports error

Hi Tino1986,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue streaming via Sky Sports. 

This error message normally appears when you are trying to stream via a tablet with a TV screen attached or something similar. Are you trying to stream in this manner?

What is the make and model of your device?

Let me know so I can help further. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Tino1986
Joining in
Message 3 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Kath.I'm not trying to stream on TV,just on phone.I have a Sony xperia m
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tino1986,

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Have you ever tried to do what I mentioned above? 

Sometimes it stores this in the memory of the app and the error keeps coming up. 

Try deleting the app and then reinstalling it from Google Playstore. Does this make any difference?

What channel are you trying to stream? 

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tino1986
Joining in
Message 5 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have tried deleting and reinstalling a few times,it doesn't work when I'm trying to watch any of the skysports channels
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tino1986,

This is turning into a little nightmare Smiley Sad

The only other thing I can think about trying at this stage is to reset your device back to default factory settings. It does mean you will lose everything so anything you wish to save, be sure to back up. 

I can't guarantee this will work but it is the next thing to try.

Let me know how this goes and if it's resolved things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
made4you
Joining in
Message 7 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I am also getting this message new Lenovo yoga 3 tablet never tried to connect it to a TV uninstalled and reinstalled so what else can you suggest please??
0 Kudos
Dnairb001
Joining in
Message 8 of 46
Flag for a moderator

I'm now also having this problem on my Lenovo tablet. Never had it previously. Can someone please post a reply as to a possible fix?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dnair001

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting.

Many apologies that your also having issues when streaming through Sky Sports.

When I checked your account, it shows that 2 devices are already registered to use Sky apps.

If you log into your account (through a laptop/PC) on the right under My Profile select Sky Movies and Sky Sports. Does it show the Lenovo tablet registered? If not you can remove a device then register the device by streaming a channel.

If the device is already registered are using the Sky Sports website or going through TV Anywhere? Does this error occur on the other device you have registered?

Let us know how you get on
Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dnairb001
Joining in
Message 10 of 46
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the reply. I had previously visited the site and unregistered 1 device and assumed this device would automatically be registered. Apparently not as when I logged on again from a laptop it still showed 2 devices and wouldn't let me stream from my tablet. I have now successfully registered this tablet and can stream tv using the TV Anywhere app. 

Unfortunately I still get the same error when trying to watch anything on the Sky Sports app. My other registered device works fine with the TV Anywhere and Sky Sports app.

Would appreciate continued assistance in getting this resolved as this was a new tablet bought to replace a previous tablet that could no longer access the BT Sport app. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos