Menu
slashnthrash
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports app

Hello, I've tried everything to get my sky sports working on my laptop, including multiple browsers, reinstalling both Microsoft Silverlight and Playready, setting up a sub account, making sure my time/date is correct and automatic and probably more but now I'm at my wits end trying to get it to work!

I can watch the channels on TV anywhere fine and Sky Sports News HQ works on the sky site, but when I click Sky Sports 1 or 2 (which we pay for and is working fine on the TV) it says "To watch this channel you need to upgrade your subscription. please contact your service provider". Screenshots are below:

Clipboard01.jpg

And:

Clipboard02.jpg

I have registered and named my device. I currently have one registered for sky sports and two as my "devices", when it says "obtaining licence to play..." etc it seems to recognise that this is the device that is registered as it plays sky sports HQ but none others. It has never asked me for a pin number and logs me in fine.

I want to play sky sports 1 and 2 on my laptop which is what I thought we pay for. We get it on the TV, so thought the package includes it on the go. Please let me know if this is wrong?

I have windows 8, all up to date firefox, internet explorer and the plugins recommended. Please help!

0 Kudos
slashnthrash
Joining in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports app

If it helps, we have M+ and pay extra for sky sports.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi slashnthrash, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you are having an issue using the Sky Sports site. 

I'd love to look into this further however currently i've not been able to locate your account. 

I have sent you a private message requesting some information from you. Once I have this I can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for coming back to me with the information. 

I've been able to locate the account to see what's going on for you. 

The first thing I have done is removed the device registration incase something got corrupt there. 

Can you please delete the cache, cookies and history from your browser.

With Sky, only the Primary ID will work on the Sky so always make sure you are using this as opposed to a sub account. 

I'd like you to re register the device by logging on to www.skysports.com

Once here attempt to Live Stream from one of the sports channels (not news). It should ask you to sign in. At this point use the Primary Virgin Media details to log in, making sure you have selected the Virgin Media logo first. 

At this point the streaming should start. 

Let me know how it goes Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
slashnthrash
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath, it is still giving me the same errors. It has signed in ok as usual (displays "sign out" at the top of the screen) but both SKy Sports 1 and 2 are saying sign in to watch. I am of course signed in as primary. It didn't say this time though registering device.

More help needed Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
slashnthrash
Joining in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

For some reason the site is not working at all now!

"Oops!

There is a problem with this. Please try again later. (O-403)"

This is on the Virgin splash screen to log into skysports.

Can I just clarify which email it should be to log in? I have been using the one I use to sign into virgin but there is also a virgin media mail email address. Is it the primary one that I use to log into anywhere?

0 Kudos
slashnthrash
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Ok Kath, I tried again - I used my final device change to ensure there wasn't an issue so I deleted my named device, re-added it and named it - fine.

I then clicked the tab below for sky devices and noticed as you said, there was no longer any device registered for sky.

I then followed your instructions but it still says to sign in. To see if there was a problem with registration I clicked on sky sports news HQ which registered my device again.

Therefore it is not a problem with the device as that can be registered, more of a problem of the fact that although I pay for sky sports I am not getting it through my computer.

I have reset my internet connection, sorted out any firewalls that could interfere (although I'm not completely tech savvy so any ideas are appreciated) but still no joy.

I pay for this service so wonder why it is not working as advertised? Very frustrated. Your ideas are appreciated, there must be something I'm overlooking.

0 Kudos
Mystick
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have downloaded the Sky Sports app for my ipad and similarly I can log into the Sky Sports App with my Virgin Media login details. However when I click on the LIVE link to view the SKY Sports live channels the only channel I can view is SKY Sports News HQ.

The SKY Sports 1, 2, 3, 4 , 5 and F1 tabular options are all greyed out and not accessable to me. I have a subscription for the full Sky Movies and Sports channels via Virgin Media.

My Sky movies App works ok.

We're now halfway through the golf Masters and cannot watch it on my ipad. Help!!

0 Kudos
slashnthrash
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear you're having trouble too Mystick! Hopefully some more advice will be forthcoming.
0 Kudos
Mystick
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have also tried accessing Sky Sports from my Laptop. No Luck with that either, the Sky site just tells me that I need a subscription update when i am logged in with my Virgin Media account details. 2 Devices with 2 strikeouts. Great!!

0 Kudos