Menu
Dannyjg
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports android app unsupported territory

I get an error message "unsupported territory" when trying to watch sky sports on android tablet. Been like this for a week now. I have cleared cache, uninstalled etc, no joy. Anyone any advice? Thanks

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports android app unsupported territory

The app thinks you are outside the UK, make sure your location service is turned on in the tablet

0 Kudos
Dannyjg
Joining in
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

location services is on, still get error message

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dannyjg, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. Smiley Happy

Apologies that you are having this error. I am in agreement with dannylau on this one. It looks as though the app is thinking you are outside the UK. Do you get the same issue when streaming via TV Anywhere? 

Are you connected to a network via a VPN or hotspot? 

Come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
TheAngryMop
Just joined
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I'm also getting the same issue. Only started this week. Location is definitely on - my hometown shoes when I switch on the tablet - have also tried clearing cache & uninstalling & reinstalling app.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi there TheAngryMop,

Sorry to hear that you're also having some trouble with this. :/

I've re-synced your subscriptions and I can see the successfully registered devices via your account.

I've also double checked the equipment levels, etc., and I've not been able to detect any faults.

This is not listed as a known issue either at the moment. Are you still receiving this error since posting?

Speak soon,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
TheMadHouse
Tuning in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I too am getting the same issue, regardless if I am using home wifi or mobile signal.
Location services are on. I have had this working once, on wifi at Sainsbury's..!

Any help gratefully accepted.

TMH

0 Kudos
crabit
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Same problem here - all other apps correctly detect my location but not Sky Sports. Hopefully enough people have now reported this problem for it to be recorded as such.

For a short period yesterday I was able to use it but it has now reverted back to showing the error message. So, the problem is intermittent but fairly constant.

Looking forward to system error being resolved.

James

0 Kudos
nev308
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

How can this not be listed as a known issue. I can see people complaining about it all over the internet and I have now had this issue for months. It makes no difference whether I am using 4G or my home network. I have tried uninstalling and re-installing, it still does not work. I am despairing with Virgin Media, they want £240 to get out of my contract but they are not delivering on key items. They will not offer any compensation for reduced service because they say these are 'free extras' and not a part of the core contract ... what a cop out. I am discugusted with your inability to sort this issue.

0 Kudos
nev308
Joining in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have been waiting months, they are not even trying to resolve this issue.

0 Kudos