Menu
alanchadwick
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports and device management

I de-registered my laptop last month so had one slot free, re-registered it this month but when I go on sky sports it says device limit reached even though only 2 devices are registered on virgin, my phone and the laptop. Phone works ok but so annoying that I cannot get on laptop. I am using the same browser page etc as I did when it was working the month before, Internet Explorer, all up to date, but no joy?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports and device management

Hi alanchadwick, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you are having trying to get your device registered for use with the Sky Sports website. 

TV Anywhere and Sky both run off different platforms so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. They are not synced. 

All you need to do is go to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports

This will take you to the page where you can delete your old device to make room for your new one. 

Let me know how it all goes. 

P.S - Welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
DJP187
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

i have upgraded to a new iPad, I have followed the instructions for deleting and re-registering devices for the sky sports app but it hasn't worked.

on my profile it says my iPad mini is linked but I can't view sky sports. I can still access this on my old iPad but can't make another change for a month.

any suggestions?

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DJP187,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble changing the Sky devices you have registered. Checking things this end shows me you've been removing the device from the TV Anywhere Platform and not the Sky platform. 

I've deleted the old iPad to make room for the new one for you so if you try streaming, it should go right away. 

In future make sure you are selecting Sky Movies and Sky Sports from the My profile section Smiley Happy

Let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
DJP187
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F

thanks so much, everything working great now.

D

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

That's great news D. 

If you have any further issues going forward, let me know and I'll do whatever I can to help.

Take care and have a lovely Christmas. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos