Menu
JombaJomba
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports / Sky Movies

Hello.

If there is an answer please redirect me, but all my searching seems to have only found abandoned threads.

My Issue:

Attempting to login to gain access to watch Skysports through Virgins TV Anywhere. I try to watch skysports through virgins site, it will redirect me to the sky site, which then I try to login as a Virgin customer through the virgin portal login as shown:

http://i.imgur.com/UUXxGRn.png

When I login through this site it instantly declines me, bounceing me to skys website showing the following:

http://i.imgur.com/4EnNP67.png

What I've done thusfar:

(Irrelevant rant, but an idea of what / how I've been troubleshooting)

It does not matter what I use to try this, smartphone, desktop pc, laptop. Anything I have tried will always result in this error. I originally tried to gain access to this service around 8-9 months ago when I got the phone I am presently using. I tried through the app, got the error I'm getting. So I tried on a dektop pc and another phone from the household all to no avail, All exactly the same error. So I didn't bother following it up, just fobbed it as a service I wouldn't really use anyway, That changed I now require access to a service I am paying for.
I'm just going to add, I do work within network support, so I know my fair share of things in relation to this, to me it seems like when it's bouncing from virgin to sky for the login sky is not getting or has not been given enough information to accomdate the login to happen, thus it's a problem with Virgin.

This morning I got in touch with Virgin via the online support, an individual machine being glaringly obviously not the problem, the useless tech support person requested first logged into my account at their end, found & replicated the exact same fault I'm having (I'm wipeing names, but I do have full logs from both conversations, Customer service is red F) :

http://i.imgur.com/FJDFcPi.jpg

So, they then went on to waste my time for an hour + doing things I told them would not work. Requested remote access Which I fought, but, figured I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the rep, I expect people to know their jobs etc:

http://i.imgur.com/KjiG2Cr.jpg

During the 30 minutes of remote assistance, This rep tried to log into the service through chrome, decided that doesn't work, so went on to log in through Microsoft Edge (Windows 10 IE), Decided that also didn't work, requested me to install Firefox and Flash, I'm sure you know where this is going, especially seeing as flash isn't even needed to get through to a point of which you can login to, but they certainly didn't realise that.

http://i.imgur.com/9aba7ob.jpg

So I basically got fobbed off, seemingly because they couldn't be bothered pretending to be doing work anymore, Give a phone number that i knew would make me jump through answering machine hoops

I did go on to contact sky, to no suprise I was told that this is something that they have no control over, they are unsure as to what, but it's down to Virgin if my login credentials are not being accepted.

I did phone virgin, got in touch with the TV department, seemed most logical to me, aparantly that was the wrong department, so I was put through to Broadband dept. Someone picks up the phone, and puts it right back down again.

I call again this time directly to the Broadband Department, I get through to (Presummeably) India, terrible quality line, I explain everything above so I get asked to remote assist, I decline and re-explain as above, they insist. I'm done I decline leave call as I have to be going out in shortly.

As you can imagine, I'm not best pleased. I've been a customer since blueyonder, and honestly this is the first time I am genuinely considering changeing provider. Today has been a joke, Wasted the past 3hours or so, Thus I'm sorry for the wall of text.

But can anyone help me any further? Is there something I'm missing or not found?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports / Sky Movies

Unfortunately none of this surprises me, VM always play the blame game, and thay play it to win.

When I log into Sky Sports on my laptops's browser (IE11, no I don't use IE for anything else!) I sometimes see this message. But more usually I see an "undefined error" page.  Starting the process again (from Virgin, across to Sky, back to Virgin to log-in) usually gets me where I need to be at the second attempt.

The only thing that springs to mind is that Sky Go relies upon Silverlight.  Is yours up to date?

0 Kudos
JombaJomba
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Correct Silverlight is updated to present (v5) It should not be of affect though as it's not getting to a player for that to be an issue. The issue is the login cross platform.

Cheers though!
0 Kudos
JombaJomba
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still Nothing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi JombaJomba

Welcome to the community

Sorry to hear that you are unable to log into Sky Sports website due to unexpected error.

I would like to be able to get this issue resolved for you, I've sent you a PM (red envelope icon, left corner) with some additional information I want to clarify first. If you can reply back to me that would be great.

Hope to hear from you soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos