Menu
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Sky on Iphone

I cannot watch Sky on my Iphone but had no problem yesterday. I updated to the latest IOS 10 and re-registered my device on my phone as previous posts have been told to do but when I go to watch just get the message 'Not suscibed, To watch this channel you need to upgrade your subscription'. Considering I pay nearly £120 per month to VM which includes all channels what the hell is going on here?

Can't wait until my contract ends.

0 Kudos
clerom
Up to speed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky on Iphone

What Sky channel are you trying to watch? If you want to watch the movies or sports channels, you need to download the Sky Cinema or Sky Sports apps and log into those to watch

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have already reinstalled the sky sports app for Iphone and am now getting the message that the device is not registered which it is and I have no device changes left for some reason.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead,

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue adding your device for use with the Sky apps. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have reset the Sky platform for you now so there are no devices and you have 1 change to use to add the new device. If you try streaming now, it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

HI,

I have deleted and re-downloaded both the sky sports and sky cinema apps and I am showing an available device slot in my profile.

I open the app and log in by using the Virgin Media link and my email / password. All good  so far but then when I choose a channel to watch I am getting the message 'Device Limit Reached'. Am I doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) BenD_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead,

Thank you for your message,

Looks like you're doing what's needed to get it but it's not playing ball. It's been a few days since you last posted, has there been any change and also are you able to view this via PC?

Keep in touch.

Ben

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi BenD H,

For some reason I am now able to watch on my I Phone but have lost my device change for Sky which is disappointing as I have just gone a bought a new laptop. Any idea's as to what has caused all these problems?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead, 

Thanks for coming back and it's great to hear that things are working for you now. 

If there's been an OS or app update, this could knock things out. Similarly if there has been a fault, this can sometimes knock it out too. 

The main thing is things are working for you now Smiley Happy

If you have any further questions or issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

PeteMead
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Still can't watch Sky on my new laptop though as it seems to have taken my device change to let me use my I Phone.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi PeteMead, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Looking at the account there is one change left on the account to add the laptop Smiley Happy 

Once this change is used up you will need to wait until 1st November to change the devices again. 

Let me know if you need anything else Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos