Menu
Phil0569
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky movies telling me I'm not subscribed.

i have been using the sky movies app on the iPad for a long time now, all has worked fine till recently.  I have the full movie package and sign in with Virgin credentials, but lately when I try to view some films it tells me I'm not subscribed and can't view it.  There is no perticlular genre or channel they are on just won't play some movies, they are not new films and they are selected from the sky collection, not just daily picks.

any one have any ideas.........

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies telling me I'm not subscribed.

Hi Phil0569

Thanks for posting on the community.

Sorry to hear that your unable to watch some films through Sky Movies due to error of not subscribed.

I've re-sync'd your account to see if that works for you. Can you check your registered devices for me please. When you get chance sign into your account, and go to Sky Movies & Sky Sports under My Profile. Does it show the iPad as registered?

Let me know how you get on

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Phil0569
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That didn't seem to work, still getting the errors on those films. iPad is still registered.  I have tried signing out and back in but still no joy.. I tried to do a screen shot but the file size was too large. One of the films I was getting the error on was Pleasantville, not sure if that's any help.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil0569

Thanks for the reply.

I checked your Sky devices registrations and it shows that the last device change made was in May. If you tried to re-register the iPad it didn't go through unfortunately. 

If you can try this again for me please. Make sure when you sign back into your account that you click on Sky Movies & Sky Sports instead of Device Settings under My Profile and that you go through either Internet Explorer or Firefox.

Speak soon

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Phil0569
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I deleted the devices, deleted the app, reconnected my pad.  The device is now not showing up on the Virgin page. I tried the films again and the watch option is now not available.

do not what's going on, I thought that all of the films in the sky collection (movies on sky option) were viewable,

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil0569

You will now need to register the device.

As the iPad is not showing on your list of registered devices, you should be able to log into Sky Movies app select a film then next to the film name it will have an option of watch. Once you click this it will then prompt you to register the device.

Speak soon

Sam

0 Kudos
Phil0569
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's what I did, I signed in, picked a movie and watched it. But still have films that won't play.  I even removed the app, cleared all traces and started again.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Phil0569,

Thanks fo coming back to us on this. 

In your last post you mentioned you were able to watch a film but there are others you are unable to watch. 

Are you trying to stream live or trying to watch On Demand content? 

Not all content is available for use with Virgin Media customers. 

Is the live streaming of movies working?

Let me know.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos