Menu
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky movies app devices

So i setup sky movies app on 2 devices,and all worked well a while ago..i recently got a new iphone and wanted to switch devices..it never worked and i seemed to got myself in a position where i cant view sky movies on any device until next month..what kind of silly system is that..is there any way of totally reseting the app.

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
gooding5
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies app devices

Hi 

found this :

• Each time you add a new or swap a device you’ll use one of your permitted 'device changes'
  • You can register up to 2 devices
  • When 2 devices have been registered you’ll be able to make one change to your registered devices each calendar month. This lets you remove a device to add a new one, for example
  • We recommend that you register devices that you’ll use regularly as you will not be able to swap them until the following month

So unless you have made a change this month , you should be able to add your new phone.

I work in the VM Swansea Faults Center .All comments are my own.
I do NOT speak for VM.
Dereklad
Superfast
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply gooding..
Ive locked myself on device registrations till the first of july..
I soppose ill have to wait..
Strange system that is..😖

Cable customer from its inception in 80's in Birmingham .have never missed a bill payment.my package is big kahuna xl tv..200mb internet..and free sky movies for 6 months..+tivo box.
Ps4 & Amazon firestick.
+size 9 feet..iphone 7 plus..
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dereklad, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the issues you have been having trying to stream via the Sky apps. 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. 

I have added a device change for you so after deleting your previous registration, just try streaming on the new device and it should work. 

Keep me posted.

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos