Menu
jtpm1971
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky device registration

Hope someone can help.

I added laptop to my devices and now having added it the Sky website says it isn't registered and can't be used and have no more device changes left this month.

Yet, when I look at the list of devices that are registered the laptop in the device settings screen my laptop shows as one of the two devices I am allowed.

Pleased to hear any suggestions.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky device registration

I have encountered the same today. Thankfully I had a device change remaining so I could just delete & re-register it.

There have been some changes over at Sky & I guess this is the cause.  Once I got in, I could stream, but the stream quality is nowhere near as good as it used to be.  It's freezing, constantly switching quality & keeps throwing up "unexpected error message" which means I have to refresh the page to get the stream "going" again. Also the mouse pointer doesn't auto-hide in full-screen.  I've come to expect better from Sky Sports.

0 Kudos
jtpm1971
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reading and replying.

The Sky page says I have no device changes remaining - despite another part of the page showing that my laptop has been registered and also showing the correct date and time I registered it.

All very frustraing.

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone up or get on chat to request another device change. Be clear that you need a SKY device change else they'll assume you mean TV Anywhere.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jtpm1971,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great to have you on board with us. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having an issue getting your device registered for use with the Sky platform. You've mentioned that you can see this is currently registered. Is this on the Sky Movies & Sky Sports page as well as the Device Settings page? 

The TV Anywhere and Sky platforms are separate and therefore not synced so any changes made to one, also need to be made to the other. I'd be more than happy to add a device change however I've not been able to locate your account. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos