Menu
yorkie611
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema audio

I cannot get any audio when watching a film via sky cinema app. I have checked my settings and get audio on all my other apps and have deleted and reinstalled the sky cinema app already. Any ideas?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema audio

Hi yorkie611,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community.

As simple as this sounds, make sure you haven't got the sound switch set to silent on the device. This can sometimes turn the volume off to some apps as well as the tones for notifications etc. 

Another tip is to go to settings > General > Use side switch to: tick lock rotation

If this is on and your volume is turned up, let me know what the make and model of your device so I can investigate this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
yorkie611
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Sorry about out slow response but I haven't logged in for ages due to work. I am trying to use an IPad Air 2. I have checked your suggestions and think they are all fine. I can watch and more importantly hear sound on everything (music,YouTube,virgin TV anywhere) but get no audio when I change to movies . I am automatically redirected to Sky movies which play but don't provide any   audio. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi yorkie611, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

What iOS version is your iPad running? Have you been able to update the app to the latest version? 

Finally, you've mentioned you get redirected to Sky Movies, can you try opening the Sky Movies app instead? Log in using your Primary VM Login details. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos