Menu
Hotwheels85
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema app - device limit reached

I have constantly been having problems with two devices being registered but one always saying device limit reached. My iPad was working fine so thought I would try deleting my partners iPad and re-adding using my device change for the month. Now his works but mine doesn't. Help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema app - device limit reached

Hi Hotwheels85, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with your device limit being reached. Smiley Sad

Checking your account I can see you currently have 2 devices registered for use with the Sky apps. You'll need to delete one in order to make room for a new device. 

You can do this by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete one of the devices and then attempt streaming on your iPad. 

This will register the device for you as soon as you attempt to stream Smiley Happy

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Hotwheels85
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The issue is not that i need to register a new device. I have 2 devices registered but always get a message on one of them saying device limit reached. My ipad was working and my partners ipad was not and kept getting the device limit reached message. I deleted his ipad and then readded it. His ipad now works. When i checked on my ipad i am now getting the device limit reached message
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hotwheels85,

It may be worth trying to delete the app from your device, then re-downloading this.

I've also added a device change on there for you, if you wished to un-register the device and then try re-registering it.

Let me know how you get on with this,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Hotwheels85
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nat,

I have deleted and reinstalled the app and then used the device change and it is still saying device limit reached?

Thanks
Vicky
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Hotwheels85,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

I've added another change on there for you as I can see that this has now gone down to 0 and there are currently 2 registered devices in there.

I've also had a look at your account and can't see any known reasons as to why this is happening.

The only other thing we'd normally recommend is that you check that you're on the most current iOS version for your iPads.

If deleting and re-registering the problem device still doesn't work, it may be worth giving us a call to discuss this further with you.

You can call our team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Thanks again,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos