Menu
Markw66
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky cinema and sky sports apps freeze when attempting to login on my Samsung devices.

When attempting to login to sky cinema and sky sports the pages freezes. This occurs on both my galaxy s6 and my galaxy tab s2. I have uninstalled and re-installed both apps several times with no luck. I  was also using  both apps with no problems when I subscribed to sky so I know both devices  will stream.  This has now been the case for 3 months now so has anyone ideas please. 

Thanks in advance for any help

Mark

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema and sky sports apps freeze when attempting to login on my Samsung devices.

Hi Mark,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thank you for your post. I'm sorry that your TV Anywhere service is freezing when using the Sky Cinema or Sky Sports apps. Thank you for letting us know that you have uninstalled and reinstalled the apps on both of your devices--apologies that this hasn't fixed the problem. 

I'd like to help get this fixed for you, so there are a few things that will need to be checked first.

• Do you get this problem when connecting through your home WiFi or from all WiFi connections?

If it only happens when you're at home, I'd suggest changing your WiFi channel, please see our Help link:  Getting the best Wireless Network Signal

• Does changing the WiFi channel on your Hub 3.0 make a difference?

Please let me know how you get on with this.

Kind regards,

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Markw66
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky cinema and sky sports apps freeze when attempting to login on my Samsung devices.

Hi Teri
Thanks for your response. I have tried several different wifi connections and also tried using my 4G mobile network with the same results.
As I had mentioned when I used the sky sports and movie appstar with no problems when I was a sky customer so I am at a loss with why the don't work now.
Thanks again for your response.
Kind Regards
Mark
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Markw66, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and for trying out the suggestions from Terri. Apologies they had no effect Smiley Sad

It is strange that it was working with Sky as you are still using the same app so I don't know why it's not working now. 

As it's doing this on 2 devices we can rule out it being an account issue too. 

OK on your devices, are the text and font the default or have you changed these? 

Are you able to post a screenshot of what you're seeing? 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos