Menu
RichardDobson
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports

I cannot get the Sky Sports service on my home computer and many VM Tech experts have failed to solve the problem. My computer has Windows 10 and Edge. It also has IE and Firefox. Does anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
Crockret
Well-informed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports

In Windows 10, you're best off using Firefox for Sky premiums. Ensure Silverlight is installed to it.
0 Kudos
RichardDobson
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Crockret, but I have Silverlight AND Firefox and I still can't get Sky Sports on my computer. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardDobson, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue getting Sky Sports to work on on your Windows 10 device. 

The first thing to ensure is your Cookies are set to Always as opposed to Allow or Block. 

Once you've checked this, follow the steps outlined in this post by richbarton1: TV Anywhere

If you are still having an issue, come back and let me know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
RichardDobson
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Far too technical for me to resolve this issue on my own. I tried to follow richbarton1's suggestion but it lost me. I didn't get beyond deleting silverlight. I need a VM tech expert to do this for me.
0 Kudos
RichardDobson
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, All
As you were on this one. I've managed to sort my problem out and without the aid of a tech expert. It seems Silverlight was downloaded several times during various attempts to resolve this issue but no-one thought to install it!

Thanks to RichB for the getting me there.

Richard
0 Kudos
RichardDobson
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've lost Sky Sports again. Was it the latest mega upgrade? Does anyone at VM care? Maybe I should cancel my £130 quid per month.

Can anyone sort this out please?

RD

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi RichardDobson, 

Thanks for coming back and letting us know you have a new issue with the Sky Sports site. 

What error message are you getting this time? 

You can manage the devices you have registered for use with the Sky platform by going to anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports. Delete your current registration and then attempt to stream from the device again and things should work. 

Come back and let me know how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
RichardDobson
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in replying. I've been away for a few weeks. Pleased to say I have no issue now. I made one last effort to resolve the problem myself and discovered that although Silverlight had downloaded correctly I hadn't installed the software. 

Which begs the question why couldn't the tech people recognise that when I first approached them?

Relieved Richard

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Richard,

Thanks for posting an update!

Glad to hear everything is working alright now.

Sorry the Silverlight issue wasn't picked up, sometimes it's the simple fixes that can get by sometimes!

Give us a shout if you get any more trouble.

All the best Smiley Very Happy

Josh

0 Kudos