Menu
pbazza2003
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports

Hi,

My Sky Sports pages keep on coming up as showing that the item has been interrupted due to an error and won't run. It asks me to click the play button to resume but comes up again with the same message.

Does anybody know how I can fix this please?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports

Hi pbazza2003, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear that you are having an issue with streaming SKy Sports content. 

It would help us if we new what device you are using and also are you trying to stream via the app or website?

If app, i'll need the Make and Model of your mobile device and also what OS it's running on. 

If online, what browser are you using? Make sure Silverlight is fully up to date and your cache and cookies are clear Smiley Happy

Keep me posted. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pbazza2003
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm on the website. The content on the Virgin on the go website is fine but as soon as I try to view any content on the Sky website it comes up with the message "Apologies this item has been interrupted due to an error. Please click play to resume watching." When I do that it just comes up with exactly the same message.

It used to work fine but in the last couple of days has been displaying that message. Silverlight is fully installed and updated.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pbazza2003,

Thanks so much for coming back to me so quickly Smiley Happy

OK, what browser are you using? 

The error is certainly related to Silverlight however if your version is up to date i'm not sure why it's coming up. 

It maybe best to delete and re install Silverlight to ensure nothing has become corrupt. 

What is the make and model of your PC/Laptop and what OS is it running?

Keep me updated. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
pbazza2003
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

I'm using windows explorer on Windows 8. I deleted Silverlight and re installed it but its still comes up with the same message. Watching all of the Virgin channels is fine and I can watch Sky Sports News HQ through Virgin player but as soon as I go onto the Sky website to view anything there it comes up with that message.

0 Kudos
pbazza2003
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Kath,

I've managed to get it working! Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi pbazza2003,

Thanks for coming back to me and letting me know that you have gotten this working Smiley Happy

Can I ask how you went about doing this? Or did it just start working automatically?

Either way, i'm glad you're now getting full use of the service.

Let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos