Menu
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports says device limit reahed when I try to view on a REGISTERED laptop

I pay lots of money to Virgin TV per month. I simply want to watch the cricket on a registered device and lo and behold I get a 'reached registered device limit'. I re-register, thereby using up my one change for the month, and then still get the same message. I know how to register devices and I know how to sign in to watch Sky Sports and I am using Firefox - so why isn't it working???

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports says device limit reahed when I try to view on a REGISTERED laptop

Hi markwells, 

Thanks for your post and apologies for the issues you have had trying to watch Sky Sports content on your laptop. 

TV Anywhere and Sky content run off two different platforms so they need to be registered separately. Looking at the account, you've been removing and re registering the device for TV Anywhere. 

I've removed the devices you had registered for the Sky content so there should now be space. Log in to http://www.skysports.com/  and select Virgin Media customer. 

Once here use your My VM login details and attempt to stream. Does this work now?

In future, if you need to change your devices follow these paths:

TV Anywhere: anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profiles > My Devices

Sky: anywhere.virginmedia.com > My Profile > Sky Movies & Sky Sports

If you have any further problems please just let me know Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
markwells
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports says device limit reahed when I try to view on a REGISTERED laptop

Kath

You say "I've removed the devices you had registered for the Sky content". Why then does it still say on the Sky page that you directed me to that I have no device changes left this month? I followed your instructions but had no joy.

I do have to say that I don't find that this service is good enough. For all the money I pay I should be able to watch the sport two or three times a month on my laptop. I only ever use the services on two devices so logically I can never be in the position of having to change a device at all except when I buy new equipment. Most stupid of all is that I am sure I have watched Sky Sports on this new laptop. As a longtime Virgin customer I am upset at not being able to watch things that I am entitled to watch. Yes, I used up my one Anywhere change this month re-registering this laptop (because Sky Sports wouldn't work) but have certainly not changed anything on the Sky Sports profile page.

Anyway - this and the huge price increases are making me wonder whether it is worth staying with Virgin.

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
Ussy70
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm suffering the same problem! At first the sky sports app worked fine but now every time I open it it tells me I've reached my device limit and even when I do change it it works once but when I re open the app I'll get the same previous message but then my one change per month has already been used! So frustrating it used to be a good app but it just doesn't work anymore.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mark and Ussy70

Thanks for the reply and posting on the community.

I've checked both your accounts, there is one available change to use for Sky.

When you sign into your account, if the device in question is still showing as registered under Sky Movies & Sky Sports, remove from the list, then sign back into Sky Sports and select a channel to prompt for registration.

I hope this works for you both. If not please get back in touch and let me know.

Regards

Sam

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos