Menu
Ian_E
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports running slow on laptop

I have downloaded the updated Sky Sports App for my laptop and still experiencing slow video and echo audio. Is anyone still experiencing problems? Is there anything else I should be doing?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports running slow on laptop

Hi Ian_E,

I'm really sorry to hear you're having trouble with the Sky Player.

We're still getting reports like this from customers still experiencing issues after downloading the updated Sky Player. We're waiting to hear back from Sky on this.

As soon as we hear anything we'll update the Community.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Martin_Hill
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

What a lark! What a plunge!

Four months on from the forced change to the Sky desktop apps for sport and cinema, four months of experiencing the problems mentioned above, and all we get in response from a 'help forum' is 'dunno pal—when I know I'll let you know' (I know you are not personally to blame for the situation, but sometimes the non-committal copy & paste/cookie-cutter responses from members of the forum team can be extremely trying). People are spending a lot of money on—what has been for the past four months—a broken service, and the attitude from both VM and Sky towards the problems associated with the Sports and Cinema apps has been pathetic and criminally vulgar.

How long will VM continue to knock on the door of Sky before you realise that they are hiding behind the sofa and are not going to respond?

I find it incredulous that a company like Sky with the resources at their disposal are unable to create a fully functioning streaming service. Until four months ago they had one which worked perfectly fine—why the need to change? Both Netflix and the BBC with the iPlayer are capable of offering and maintaining working system. Perhaps Sky should knock on their doors and ask them how it's done?

For those of us who view our sport and films through Sky via VM online the past four months have been agonising, and this has only been exacerbated by the lacklustre response from Sky and VM. And as for the glitch-ridden mess that is currently TV Anywhere...

Can we expect a resolution to the Sky Sports/Cinema desktop app debacle sometime before the the Twelfth day of Christmas, or will we sing in the New Year in the same sorry state as now?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Martin_Hill,

Thanks for posting.

I understand your frustration and I wish I could give you a better response. We are doing everything we can on this end but ultimately Sky needs to drop the updates for things to get fixed.

We're also releasing a new, more stable TV app next year to replace our current TV Anywhere app.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Martin_Hill
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for being honest. I think those of us who are experiencing problems with the desktop apps recognise that you (and the other members of the forum team) are in no position to do anything about it directly.

It is frustrating, especially when you consider the amount of money that people are paying for subscriptions to watch sport and films online, but haven't been able to do so for over four months. That frustration is compounded when inquiries are met with c&p responses or links to 'help' sites (which are anything but). But an honest reply—whether the news is what we want to hear or not—will always be respectfully received.

0 Kudos